Team v StG/Illawarra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DYEagle

Reserve Grader
I think a couple of changes are needed after the loss on the weekend...
B.Stewart
J.Taufua
J.Lyon
D.Whare
D.Williams
K.Foran
D.Cherry-Evans
J.King
M.Ballin
J.Galuvao
A.Watmough
J.Buhrer
G.Stewart

B.Kite
D.Lussick
L.Foran
D.Harrison

NSW Cup
G.Rose
V.Mauro

Wolfman no chance, Kieran no chance, Choc very doubtful, No Matai, no Trex. This loss has been very very costly. If we want to make 2nd spot we can afford 2 losses more only for the rest of the season which is impossible the way we are playing. 4th spot we can afford maybe 4 more losses. Its looking like if we make the finals it will be 5 - 8 and we wont win it from there.

Stewart
Old field
Whare
Lyon
Tafua
Foran
DCE
King
Ballin
Galavou
Watmough (he will be fine)
Buhrer
Stewart

Mauro
Kite
Lussick
Harrison

But we all know that Harrison will start and then buhrer will come on, annoys me !

bennyeagle said:
But we all know that Harrison will start and then buhrer will come on, annoys me !

Why? It makes sense.

Re: the original post, bit harsh to keep Kite in the team while dropping Rose & Vic. I do get the feeling that Kite will retain his spot in the run-on team though, It'd be good to see him get a reduction in minutes if he can't get out of this rut of bad form.

Post match press conference toovey said keiran wanted to play but medical staff ruled him out for another week or something like that.

Wolfpack said:
bennyeagle said:

Why? It makes sense.

Re: the original post, bit harsh to keep Kite in the team while dropping Rose & Vic. I do get the feeling that Kite will retain his spot in the run-on team though, It'd be good to see him get a reduction in minutes if he can't get out of this rut of bad form.

I just believe buhrer should be starting, I can see why Harrison is there for the opening exchanges, but I just see more value in buhrer starting, I may be totally wrong though

bennyeagle said:
Wolfpack said:
bennyeagle said:

Why? It makes sense.

I just believe buhrer should be starting, I can see why Harrison is there for the opening exchanges, but I just see more value in buhrer starting, I may be totally wrong though

Harro is the kind of bloke you want out there when all of the oppositions big fellas are fresh. Buhrer would just use up too much energy trying to tackle guys far bigger than him, hold him back for when the oppposition pack are starting to tire & holes are beginning to open up around the ruck.

It's not like Harro plays more minutes than Buhrer anyway, the number on the back of a forwards jersey doesn't mean much in the modern game.

Very good point re buhrer and Harrison mate. It hurts us so much when we have a player drop out injured during a game or before hand, we have had such good structure the last few years. This time last year we had our full squad back on deck, we are battling every week too choose appropriate players to fill positions at the moment !

mickqld said:
Wolfman no chance, Kieran no chance, Choc very doubtful, No Matai, no Trex. This loss has been very very costly. If we want to make 2nd spot we can afford 2 losses more only for the rest of the season which is impossible the way we are playing. 4th spot we can afford maybe 4 more losses. Its looking like if we make the finals it will be 5 - 8 and we wont win it from there.

Mate, we're 2 points off 2nd, and all 3 of those teams above us on 16 have had one of their byes - where we haven't. They still have to win that additional game. And Brisbane are resting their origin players after the games, so they're no sure thing to win those 2 games.

This year the top 8 is going to be a lot lot tighter than in previous years.

And if any club can win it from outside the top 4, it's us. Not like we get any home ground advantage anyway, so as long as we're not playing in Melbourne, we're a huge chance. (I'll play Brisbane up there any day of the week)

seaeagles4life said:
Post match press conference toovey said keiran wanted to play but medical staff ruled him out for another week or something like that.

Rubbish, was in a foot brace all week. Never trained.

How many weeks ago was Rose the saviour? One quiet game and he is gone?

DCE IN DOUBT. He might be up at Skilled Park watching the Cowboys v Titans game. Like tonight. Should be at home resting so he can make more than 1 try assist this week but instead he is sitting in the cold at the SFS watching the Bulldogs play.

Can't believe the Gorgeous George haters are back in force. I'd prefer a gut busting 15 minutes a game from George than Kite and Mauro who offer nothing.

EagleRock40 said:
Can't believe the Gorgeous George haters are back in force. I'd prefer a gut busting 15 minutes a game from George than Kite and Mauro who offer nothing.

Because being a Kite and Mauro hater is much more acceptable.

:s

Napper said:
DCE IN DOUBT. He might be up at Skilled Park watching the Cowboys v Titans game. Like tonight. Should be at home resting so he can make more than 1 try assist this week but instead he is sitting in the cold at the SFS watching the Bulldogs play.

Come on Nap, give the kid a break,

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6