Team of the Decade (2000-2010)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Captain of the Gate

Reserve Grader
Since its 2011 and we have knocked over the first decade of the new millenium who do you think makes the team of the decade seasons 2000-2010? It was an interesting decade considering the first two years we were still teh Northern Eagles, we made the top 8 6 years in a row, were in the Grand Final twice, winning the 08 premiership with a large list of players who represented City/Country, NSW, QLD, NZ & Australia.

1 Brett Stewart
2 David Williams
3 Jamie Lyon
4 Steve Matai
5 John Hopate
6 Geoff Toovey (I know out of position but still)
7 Matt Orford
8 Brett Kite
9 Matt Ballin
10 Mark O'Meley
11 Anthony Watmough
12 Steve Menzies
13 Ben Kennedy
14 Glenn Stewart
15 Nic Kosef
16 Josh Perry
17 Michael Monaghan

My list is fairly stacked towards recent players, but you have to pay credit to a team who won a grand final, I also stacked it with guys who played rep football or won awards like Clive Churchill and Dally Ms. I wanted to find room for Luke Williamson and Michael Robertson so honourable mentions for them. What do you think? Who's on your list?

May I be the first to say you have to have Robbo instead of wolfman.
Here is my team
Stewart
Donald
Mattai
Bell
Robbo
Lyon
Orford
Menzies
Watmough
Kennedy
Kite
Tooves
O'Meley

King
G.Stewart
Ballin
Kosef

eagleE link said:
May I be the first to say you have to have Robbo instead of wolfman.

Yeah Robbo is a way more consistent performer and a long termer. I ended up going with Wolfie simply because of his rep experience

Yes Wheel is correct, his good playing days were after that....so I would not rate him.

Toovey can't be at 6, may have played there but was either 7 or 9...I'd probably go with 9 and leave Orford in as 7 (just wait for the Orford haters to have a go at this)

Kosef has to get a run, he was a great player.

And we'd really need to look at the team lists from 2000 to 2005 to see if any others pop up, as yes the above is mainly aimed at the last 4 or 5 years.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1294377843[/time]

Ok others to throw in

Hoppa
Daniel Gartner
Adam Muir (did play a lot of games for NSW but a Beagles player not a Sea Eagle)
OJ Cunningham
Nathan Long (good toiler played for the Beagles and then Manly from my memory)
Kimmorley (an alternative to Orford)
Michael Monaghan (deserves to be at least a mention)

alternate team

1.Brendon Reeves
2.Andrew Hunter
3.Shane Neumann
4.Nick Bradley-Qalilawa
5.Alf Duncan
6.Luke Dorn
7.Jeff Robson
8.Grant Wooden
9.Chad Randall
10.Damian Driscoll
11.Jack Afamasaga
12.Nathan Tutt
13.Chris Bailey

14.Greg Ebrill
15.Neil Tierney
16.Jim Curtis
17.Michael Witt

Post  automatically merged: [time]1294378298[/time]

gee we had some ordinary players over the years

To be fair Berks most of those guys were when we were broke (and not on a lot of money)

Stewart
Robertson
Lyon
Matai
Hicks
Foran
Orford
Kite
Toovey
Rose
Stewart
Watmough
Menzies

Kennedy
Monaghan
Rodney
Hall

Lestrange

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
alternate team

1.Brendon Reeves
2.Andrew Hunter
3.Shane Neumann
4.Nick Bradley-Qalilawa
5.Alf Duncan
6.Luke Dorn
7.Jeff Robson
8.Grant Wooden
9.Chad Randall
10.Damian Driscoll
11.Jack Afamasaga
12.Nathan Tutt
13.Chris Bailey

14.Greg Ebrill
15.Neil Tierney
16.Jim Curtis
17.Michael Witt

You missed that bloke who chased down Big Dell, Tony Jensen or something, played years of 1st grade off the back of that !!

Gees Neil Tierney is a harsh call considering he played a part in our 96 win and 97 loss and also played SOO in 97.

While i love toovs and think kosef and gartner were awesome players, i dont think ya can really make them part of the team of this decade. They're part of the awesome 90's and ya cant really say they made a massive impact in the new millenium. Well not one big enough to be rememberd as a star of this decade.

Stewart
Robbo
Matai
Bell
Hicks
Lyon
Orford (c)
King
Ballin
Kite
watmough
Stewart
Menzies

Kennedy
monaghan
perry
willow

Pablo link said:
While i love toovs and think kosef and gartner were awesome players, i dont think ya can really make them part of the team of this decade. They're part of the awesome 90's and ya cant really say they made a massive impact in the new millenium. Well not one big enough to be rememberd as a star of this decade.

Stewart
Robbo
Matai
Bell
Hicks
Lyon
Orford (c)
King
Ballin
Kite
watmough
Stewart
Menzies

Kennedy
monaghan
perry
willow
yeah fair call good team by the way ...;)

lsz link said:
To be fair Berks most of those guys were when we were broke (and not on a lot of money)

Didn't Jeff Robson win most of the times he played first grade anyway?  Actually I don't know that for sure but I'm fairly certain he played in a win over the Eels which should almost qualify him for life membership!

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
alternate team

1.Brendon Reeves
2.Andrew Hunter
3.Shane Neumann
4.Nick Bradley-Qalilawa
5.Alf Duncan
6.Luke Dorn
7.Jeff Robson
8.Grant Wooden
9.Chad Randall
10.Damian Driscoll
11.Jack Afamasaga
12.Nathan Tutt
13.Chris Bailey

14.Greg Ebrill
15.Neil Tierney
16.Jim Curtis
17.Michael Witt

Who was that numbnuts prop we took from the Dragons(not Tierney). Was it Leikvoll? What about the other numbnuts centre we got from France who previously played for Parra , the Kiwi dude. Played 2 games. Those would have to be the worst players we have ever taken. Tesesa Lavea would need to be in that team somewhere.
Reeves I thought was a very good unheralded player in the same mould as Patten from the dogs. Very much undervalued.

eagleE link said:
[quote author=BErKeLEy_eAgLe link=topic=186220.msg311102#msg311102 date=1294378238]
alternate team

1.Brendon Reeves
2.Andrew Hunter
3.Shane Neumann
4.Nick Bradley-Qalilawa
5.Alf Duncan
6.Luke Dorn
7.Jeff Robson
8.Grant Wooden
9.Chad Randall
10.Damian Driscoll
11.Jack Afamasaga
12.Nathan Tutt
13.Chris Bailey

14.Greg Ebrill
15.Neil Tierney
16.Jim Curtis
17.Michael Witt

Who was that numbnuts prop we took from the Dragons(not Tierney). Was it Leikvoll? What about the other numbnuts centre we got from France who previously played for Parra , the Kiwi dude. Played 2 games. Those would have to be the worst players we have ever taken. Tesesa Lavea would need to be in that team somewhere.
Reeves I thought was a very good unheralded player in the same mould as Patten from the dogs. Very much undervalued.
[/quote]

David Vaeleki

here is a list of players from 1998 till 2010

http://203.166.101.37/NRL/index.html

353a3w4.jpg

24y20pi.jpg

208cvhv.jpg

Post  automatically merged: [time]1294449263[/time]

amazingly Watmough has played more games than any other player

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6