Taufua Surgery

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Other issues. Who? Us?

Hehe yeh hard to believe ... But here's my team for next year:

1: TTurbo
2: Jorge
3: XXX (Williame)
4: Walker
5: XXX (Wright)
6: XXX (Killer)
7: DCE
8: Lussick
9: Parcell
10: Myles
11: Buhrer
12: XXX (Green)
13: JTurbo

14: Brown
15: Taupau
16 & 17: XXX (Starling, Vave, AFB, Leary, Mateo, Lawrence etc)

Fix the XXX and the team is sorted. I think (and hope) Williame, Green and Wright will continue to grow and cement their spots. The 5/8 and bench props are the big issue. I would have loved seeing Vave re-sign and I believe we will miss his go forward.

I wish it didn't take all season to get this far but there we are. Where are we again?

Fix the XXX and the team is sorted. I think (and hope) Williame, Green and Wright will continue to grow and cement their spots. The 5/8 and bench props are the big issue. I would have loved seeing Vave re-sign and I believe we will miss his go forward.

I wish it didn't take all season to get this far but there we are. Where are we again?

Is XXX Corey Norman?

His runs out of dummy half and his finishing ability more than make up for the odd error or two imo. I don't think we'd find a better replacement anytime soon anyway.
With the garbage out there on offer, we won't even get close to replacing Jorge. Cheyse Blair again folks?.
The big problem is Manly management fall for whatever snake oil salesman offers them, hence we need to keep whatever semblance of the old Manly right here.
Jorge is a very good player anyway, and bit like the beast in his return charges.
NYEagle

Norman is a Queenslander isn't he? Wouldn't that make him a XXXX?

@ricardo I'd have Kapow in the back row with Ferris. If we have a decent 5/8 next year who knows how to pass (Green or Meehan), then he could do very well as a wide running back rower (like he did last Thursday night). Earlier this year when we played Marty in the back row he was starved of quality possession by Walker who wouldn't pass the ball, or when he did he had crowded him for room.

Jorge has had surgery? Good, I hope Tom isn't far behind. And who knows, if Tom does have surgery this week, with about 2 months until the end of the season he might still be in contention for a Kangaroos spot if he's deemed fit enough. But either way, surgery now should see both fit for the start of pre-season training.

I would have loved to pick up Konrad Hurrell and have Hex outside him but it was not to be. He's going well for the Titans.

He has gotten better under the high ball the last couple of weeks and is the best winger in the market ATM

Surprised this article in today's Manly Daily hasn't been posted here. This is it:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...n/news-story/a8811bcf7df56e73ae31b5891e5ccb2d

So Jorge hasn't had surgery and isn't going to till the end of the season. Naturally wants to play his 100th game this week and probably wants to play for Killer next week.

I say good on Jorge for playing on....I respect his decision and admire his courage and determination :clap: Can't hold that against him and the shoulder isn't holding him back from gaining all those metres lately.

For his shortcomings, Taufua brimgs alot to the team.

His metres out of our red zone and atrength are fantastic.

I'll take his odd knock on coupled with his metres any day.

I think the fact he is passing on sugeey until seasons end says alot about his passion for the club.

Last edited:

how about:
3: Matai
5: Mead
6: B Green
12:Tapau
13: J Turbo

14: Api (backup hooker halves)
15: AFB, 16: L Knight ,17: J Hopoate, 18 N Green (backup props 2nd row),
19: L Brown (backup 2nd row & centre)
20: Brad Parker, 21: Tom Wright, 22: C Cullen & 23: N Hynes (backup backs)

That's if Killer & Snake really are gone .... looks like we already have quite a few and maybe we get the big young bopper from the 'storm in a tea cup', as well

how about:
5: Mead
6: B Green
12:Tapau
13: J Turbo

14: Api (backup hooker halves)
15: AFB, 16: L Knight ,17: J Hopoate, 18 N Green (backup props 2nd row),
19: L Brown (backup 2nd row & centre)
20: Brad Parker, 21: Tom Wright, 22: C Cullen & 23: N Hynes (backup backs)

That's if Killer & Snake really are gone .... looks like we already have quite a few and maybe we get the big young bopper from the 'storm in a tea cup', as well

Lets assume for a second that only Killer retires and Snake and Skivvy are still around. It would be safe to assume that they would both get a start.

1: Snake
5: TTurbo
6: Green
10: AFB
12: Marty

14: Myles
15: Knight
16: Hoppa
17: Brown

18: Api (Hooker and halves cover)
19: Green (Second row cover)
20: Parker (Wing and Centre cover)
21: Wright (backline cover)
22: Hynes (halves cover)
23: Who knows (Prop cover)
24: Who knows (Prop cover)
25: Who knows (Prop cover)

Obviously the above is based on current players contracted for next year or currently contracted this year and possible resignings. I still feel we are seriously short in the forwards.When your bench is an old man, a utility and two unknown rookies you are in trouble. That is particularly the case when a player like Green is your only other viable cover. Who the hell is going to line up for NSW Cup next year?

Lets assume for a second that only Killer retires and Snake and Skivvy are still around. It would be safe to assume that they would both get a start.

1: Snake
5: TTurbo
6: Green
10: AFB
12: Marty

14: Myles
15: Knight
16: Hoppa
17: Brown

18: Api (Hooker and halves cover)
19: Green (Second row cover)
20: Parker (Wing and Centre cover)
21: Wright (backline cover)
22: Hynes (halves cover)
23: Who knows (Prop cover)
24: Who knows (Prop cover)
25: Who knows (Prop cover)

Obviously the above is based on current players contracted for next year or currently contracted this year and possible resignings. I still feel we are seriously short in the forwards.When your bench is an old man, a utility and two unknown rookies you are in trouble. That is particularly the case when a player like Green is your only other viable cover. Who the hell is going to line up for NSW Cup next year?

I agree we could do with Nelson Asofa-Solamona and a Sam Tagatese type to add some starch to the forwards and another back like Mead e.g. ... but we left out Brenton Lawrence & Willis Meehan and no doubt a few others Cullen, Issac John .... etc

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2