Taufua in talks

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Holmsey

Bencher
Taufua is in talks with the club to re sign. Baz said the injury won't impact his contract and he also said the club had been talking to Taufua about a new deal for for a while. Great to hear, acl will affect his speed but it's not one of his strong points, all Jorge needs to do is run hard and make meters and every now and then bulldoze over in the corner.

Taufua is in talks with the club to re sign. Baz said the injury won't impact his contract and he also said the club had been talking to Taufua about a new deal for for a while. Great to hear, acl will affect his speed but it's not one of his strong points, all Jorge needs to do is run hard and make meters and every now and then bulldoze over in the corner.
Never really had great speed to begin with, on the other hand, ACL surgery hasn't hampered Tedesco and Gutherson

That's great to hear, this injury has shown how valuable of a player he is to us.

I think the bombs that he lands on the opposition in defence makes up for the bombs that he's a bit touchy under.

Baz saying the club was in talks with Jorge, may need some perspective.

Sure he said Jorge was still only young and an ACL was not the end of his career. He did say contract talks had been taking place for some time and were continuing

But soon after, Baz followed with an, "If we come to terms."

Then to make matters worse for Jorge he also said the club have to get better at developing young talent like the storm do so well. Baz said the club had to find room next year for Paseka, Bainbridge, Parker, and Fainu to play.

Further that the club had identified some areas which could be strengthened by new recruits.

I think he may have even made mention that next year's salary cap was up in the air, and that quality players may enter the market which the club could take advantage of.

The final nail in Jorges coffin. Baz went on to say he had read a lot in the paper about Myles playing at the storm in 2018. But that Myles still had a year to run on his contract with Manly for 2018. And that that had not changed.

About 2 days later the club announced Myles was off to the storm for 2017.

There is some reports Myles was down with the Storm Squad not long after origin 1, way before Baz was saying these things. Lol.

You have to understand some announcement's are just not coaches to make.

Whilst it wasn't said that the club was looking in a different direction, It was far from suggestive that something with Jorge is even close.

All in all I kind of feel that Baz was giving out a vibe that Jorge is gone.

Last edited:
Mail I heard was they were going to offer an extended contract based on him being a utility interchange. Cover for backs, then can come on as a running forward. The extent of where this is at was they are strategizing how to beef him up without losing speed of the mark focusing on quick 20 mtr runs. Does that sound similar to Tony Williams? Guess his next contract will be with the Dogs LOL

To me this sounds like we aiming to keep a goal kicking winger? Unless Wright has impressed I have no idea who fits that description?

I just don't see Horhay as anything but a winger. He won't ever play anywhere else in the backline so no use as a utility player - he can't pass so no good at center, he'd be a nervous wreck at fullback under a constant kick barrage and pressure to read defensively.

I don't know about the theory of moving him into the forwards either. That is going to load up his defensive workload and really take the sting out of his attack. Some backs can make that transition. Horhay doesn't strike me as one of them, he'd need to learn to run lines or just model his game on Taumololo or Papali - middle third, leg drive, nuggets.

I think we just resign him and leave him on the wing where he is going fine.

We need a competent goal kicker/ strike player
We have a competent goal kicker average player filling in at the moment .
Any dynamic player that can kick goals on the market ?

We need a competent goal kicker/ strike player
We have a competent goal kicker average player filling in at the moment .
Any dynamic player that can kick goals on the market ?
Hastings fits that bill pretty well bozo, don't know how he's feel about playing on the wing though!!

Hastings fits that bill pretty well bozo, don't know how he's feel about playing on the wing though!!
Hastings does fit the bill Ned but with Green and Api playing the way they are he is suitable for a bench spot .

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8