Taufua has re-signed

• Thread starter Deleted member 26876
  • Start date
  • We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
This is a shame...why would you buy Uate and release Taufua?

Taufua makes great yards and does the dirty work getting us out of our own end. He is a quality finisher and really only has the one weakness under the high ball. He is a solid defender and a "Manly" player.
His only problem is he can't catch a football!

I find it odd that we'd let Taufua go, especially after their Hiku blunder...knobs. Check out Taufua's try scoring record, not to mention metres gained over the last 4 yrs.
I don't quite believe the source but agree with you if true, why we get rid of him I would not be sure, could be a good centre if he's not happy catching bombs. It's something we'll have to wait and see though as it would have been reported on other sites if it had any truth to it

I've always thought that Jorge would be the perfect replacement for Skivy in the centres once he retires (or is forced to). Like Skivy he can pull off a big hit and as we know he's not afraid to do the hard work coming out of defence.

Moving him off the wing would also mean we can use someone there with pace (Jorge would have to be one of the slowest wingers in the NRL) and who is good under a bomb. Someone like Kevin Locke.

And its not like Jorge doesn't know how to pass the ball. We've seen him give inside passes to Snake and others in support over the past few years.

Jorge was a centre in his junior days. He was only put on the wing in the first place because we had Killer and Skivy in the centres and no one was going to unseat either of them.

I don't quite believe the source but agree with you if true, why we get rid of him I would not be sure, could be a good centre if he's not happy catching bombs. It's something we'll have to wait and see though as it would have been reported on other sites if it had any truth to it

I think he would be extremely happy if he was catching bombs ... but most of the time he doesn't even try to

So, for my work Secret Santa my person is into footy and has put down JT as one of her likes. I'm thinking I need to give her lots of pictures of Jorge Tafua scoring against the cowgirls.
Or maybe a Justin Timberlake MP3?:p

Love to see that she would think she's getting JT and would say WTF????

You'd say, you wanted JT, you got him!!

Love to be a fly on the wall!

If Jorge could learn to consistently catch a bomb there would be no almost worries about him other than a lack of genuine pace for a winger. The problem is that if he keeps his feet, he can catch, but keeping your feet usually leads to being out-jumped. If he jumps its like jumping off a cliff - you know its gonna hurt because 9/10 he won't even get near the ball.

I guess his other main problem (again other than that lack of pace), is his hands. With a try on offer he'll usually pick up something like a half-volley at his feet and make it look easy. Yet 2 minutes later in his own half he'll drop the ball cold and give up possession. If his hands were like they usually are when a try is on offer we wouldn't have to worry about that either.

Look, I'm happy with his re-signing. But personally if I was coach I'd be tempted to move him off the wing into the centres and bring someone like Kevin Locke in to play wing.
Completely agree-Im a fan of Kevin Locke and if hes fit and firing given the amount of 'depth' players we have I want him in the team - hes a bona fide 1st grader. Hes a quality FB too so I assume he can handle a bomb reasonably well plus he gives us much needed speed. Jorge is a ready made centre fill in till we purchase one and he'll do a job for us. I hope he does the strong darts out of dummy half like Stevie used to do to grab a lazy 10-15 metres!

I'm not 100% sold on Locke. But I do acknowledge that he has pace which we lack outside of Tom and Uate (a fair bit more than Jorge) and as @TimmyQ said, as a FB he's not bad under a bomb.

But I feel getting his signature on a contract will have a LOT to do with whether Snake and/or Skivy are not with us next year. If either or both are with Manly, Locke won't be (only because of the salary cap) and that could well be an opportunity lost.

I'm not 100% sold on Locke. But I do acknowledge that he has pace
A few years ago he was quite fast...but now??
Entirely up to him to show what he's still got, but surely it would be a surprise for him to regain his previous best form.
And if he's not at his previous best form - he won't make our team.
He'd be the 2017 version of Isaac John/Tim Moltzen.

Hahahhah @mutley are you the new Blue Pill, rate my posts with a big fat troll, just remember that every time you do it I won't give a ****, after all we are all manly fans no reason to hate... Although I'm not too sure you are a manly fan but anyways

Love to see that she would think she's getting JT and would say WTF????

You'd say, you wanted JT, you got him!!

Love to be a fly on the wall!
Trouble is, I'm the only proud Sea Eagle amongst the two-headed ones.
Any Manly connection will give me away. Damn.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8