Taniela Paseka is he the answer?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
At the moment he is an alright option for prop rotation and that is about it. Not sure why he gets a spot over Sipley or Boyle.

He has 30 NRL starts so he has to start kicking on at some point I would think...

Last edited:
Might have played more minutes tonight than he has before and is clearly still adjusting to first grade. Tends to jink or think too much (?!) when taking a hit up instead of just launching that massive frame at the defence. Continues to improve, we lost Marty so it was a big effort and tonight might be very good for his confidence.

Unpopular opinion but I thought Paseka was fine tonight.

I think sometimes he is a victim off his size in the sense that fans expect more of him then our other bench props (Yes I know he started but that is tactical, AFB and Marty are our 1 and 2)

To compare him against Keppie based on NRL.coms stats

Minutes
Paseka - 35
Keppie -29

Hitups
Paseka -11
Keppie - 9

Metres
Paseka -93
Keppie - 82

Tackle busts
Paseka - 2
Keppie - 0

Tackes
Paseka - 25
Keppie - 20

Offloads
Paseka - 0
Keppie - 1

Errors
Paseka - 0
Keppie - 1

And dont get me wrong the above is not to wrap him nor to have a go at Keppie, moreso I just don't get the venom that Paeka cops.

Sure you can argue for Toff or Boyle but I dont think its clear cut and Des sees them all week in training so I'm willing to back him.

Also lets not forget Paseka is extremely young for a prop

Not really sure why he isn’t copping it after last night, made over 100m and made his tackles and a few of his runs got us involved the front foot. He had 2 tackles breaks compared to 3 for AFB

Look, Paseka wasn't "bad" as such against Brisbane last night. However, its about time he started using his size and strength to his (and obviously our) advantage. The guy is 6'6" (197 cm) and 120 kg and is easily the biggest forward Manly has not to mention one of the biggest currently in the NRL. He should be a dominating forward, yet he's more like a gentle giant at times.

When we were down 6-0 last night there were 2-3 times that he had a chance to crash over and score from close range. Yet each time instead of charging for the line he tried to back in against the defence and look for an offload that was never going to happen. He needs to back himself and go hard.

Taniela needs to shed the gentle giant tag and get more aggression into his game ... I wish I could change the record, I've been saying that for 2 years.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8