Tactic - Storm to kick behind Taufua

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Nuts

I've been watching Taufua's up and in defence which limits the a lot of out the back block plays but the one thing the Storm will do is kick behind him constantly. Watch for Munster, Croft and Smith to shift the ball two wide of the ruck and kick behind Taufua for Chambers or Ado-Carr to chase. The Storm are the best in the business to identify a weakness. It was highlighted again yesterday when Parra kicked early and found him out.

To be honest - I think they will attack Taufua with kicks not only behind, in the air, on the ground....has played strong in 2019, but always has a mistake or 2 from calculated kicks.

He got there in time yesterday, just a minor brain explosion in not batting it dead. All teams kick to all other teams wingers or corners - it's the modern game. Horhay is going ok - he's on the positive side of the ledger this season in terms of good and bad.

Jorge has been playing for 6 years now .... most things have been tried before ... but a well timed kick and chase will beat every winger in the comp ... not just Jorge ... an attacking runner at full pace is covering about 9m per sec .... even ado carr is going to take in excess of one second to turn and get up to speed .....by that time it is too late for anybody ...

Play in their 20 and problem solved :nerd:

Jorge's bomb takes are now a positive experience for Manly Fans :)

I want to see Jorge smash the Scumos' dressing room fixtures during the Manly Team Song on Saturday
giphy.gif

Melbourne has the best pair of wingers in the comp. Fortunately it looks like Vunivalu may be suspended.
I'm sure Jorge will have learned a valuable lesson yesterday: 'when in doubt knock the ball out!' or 'use ya head and knock the ball dead!'

I have noticed in Des's defence structures that with Jorge coming up and in to put on the smackdown there have always been 2 players wrapping g around the back to cover if opposition get behind. Turbo was always ready to cover on the weekend and the centre also looks to be covering if needed.

Jorge is playing good footy and was recently rewarded with an extended contract by Des because he believes in Jorge and so do I

Jorge is ready to do a Matai on the Storm players and I believe he will have another strong game for us .

Seeing is believing and I have seen jorge over the years do some amazing things on the footy field
download.jpg

Des will probably say the best answer is for the rest of the team to make sure Storm never get close enough to our goal to actually make those kicks in the first place. Same method as Wolfie defending high bombs in 2013. It was never a problem until the rest of the team and penalties allowed the Rorters to get within bombing distance of Wolfie in the grand final.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10