Tackling Round the Legs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

TokyoEagle

Bencher
Last game we had Foran penalized after holding on too long after effecting his legs tackle. In today's game this tackle has all but disappeared because of the speed of the play the ball and the way the refs are interpretting the ruck these days. We need refs to give the tackler more hangtime in this situation for affecting this kind of tackle and try to encourage the players to bring it back into the game.

I agree. A good, low, diving tackle was one of the highlights of the game. I still remember Les Johns, Ron Coote, Alan Thompson and of course Beaver cutting down players.
There is a lot wrong with today's game. That is one of the fabulous features we miss.

The storm are the best at tackling the legs, two players hold the players upper torso, the third tackles the legs so the ball runner has no control and they put him down on his back facing the wrong way and slowly peel off one at a time then repeat. I'd say they have been rewarded for this pretty well as they are the current premiers ( small P because I hate them).

But You are right in what you say.

the difference in old style a la Coote, Thompson & Beaver tackles is the wrestle. Leg tackles one on one are ok but it is the multiple players and wrestling that cast a shadow over them

That penalty against foran was a total sham. Should go in tooves' response to the fine.

Chop 'em down leg tackles are about the only way to effectively bring down big quick units like Hurrell & Inglis. Wish we saw more of them.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8