Symonds a chip off old Menzies' block

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
bones said:
Rambo1987 said:
torana355 said:
Symonds is such a good player, i rate him much higher then Buhrer tbh. Our recruitment for this year has been nothing short of outstanding and its showing on the field too.

Thanks to Dave Warwick and now we can forget about Cleal..

Who's this Cleal you speak of?

First name Les. Played in Sawtell Panthers Rugby League Premiership winning team of '78.

If we can keep most of the new recruits then we only need a replacement for Kite and a few cheap backups. I suppose Joe G and George might not be at Manly next year either. We also get an extra 80k next year as we won't have to pay t-dog.

swoop said:
If we can keep most of the new recruits then we only need a replacement for Kite and a few cheap backups. I suppose Joe G and George might not be at Manly next year either. We also get an extra 80k next year as we won't have to pay t-dog.

Well chee-kam and Sao probably arnt too far away from first grade. So i cant imagine us recruiting too many new forwards if we keep the current batch of new recruits.

I would like it if the tim grant rumour was to come about.

Buhrer is looking great again now he is back on the bench - that is his best spot. His flexibility is great.

Symonds is much stronger runner and is better in the run on type role.

They both add a lot of value.

I will take a stronger liking to Symonds once he commits long term to Manly. I know Buhrer loves Manly and will not go elsewhere .

Good full page story on T Red in today's RLW. Tells about how his Grandfather is a staunch Roosters fan who was "Crook on Easts" for releasing Tom just a few days before the start of the season. Tom has circled the Manly V Roosters game Rd 9. His Grandfather says "I'm an Easts man but I'll be cheering for Tom. I hope he cuts them to pieces... That will show them"

Brissie Kid said:
Wasn't there a Manly half back in the late 70s Steve Symonds?
The half back that played for us in 1976 and 1977 was Gary Stephens from Castleford England .

Eagle1963 said:
I will take a stronger liking to Symonds once he commits long term to Manly. I know Buhrer loves Manly and will not go elsewhere .

There was talk around pre season we were shopping Buhrer around to ease the cap issues

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6