Surprise surprise

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Gee how amazing that Australia's first major terrorist ring bust gathers in fish that are attempting to stage a jihad?

Who'd have guessed hey? All this time I was thinking that Hillsong and the Sydney Anglicans were covert terrorist organisations for all of the dastardly deeds they've reportedly been up to (according to the media anyway).

Get ready for the usual bleating about Islam being a moderate regligion.

:bdh: :bdh: :bdh: :bdh:

My thoughts exactly. Interesting that they were arrested under state laws rather than Federal ones anyway.

What has happened to Hope???

meh I dont buy this whole conspiracy theory.

The laws that changed in order for the arrests to be made was only to change the word "the" to "a" the rest of the reforms have not yet gone through!

Funny one of the guys laying into reporters was wearing a Bulldogs jumper. Why don't the police arrest these tossers. Last time I checked you can't just go laying into someone with your fists and boots and being outside a court house you would have thought there were police around! Stuff them I agree that the govt. has probably twisted things to suit but at the end of the day these guys were being watched for a reason and unfortunately before they knew the law was on their side.

PJ brings some sense to the table. If people think that this was a bad thing then there fools imo!

yeah byso, because my post wasnt in suppot of the goverment!

people forget the government doesnt really control the police, and the AFP needed the law changed before a move could be made.

Most of the problems stem from the correllation between the courts and the police and that's not just to do with terror laws. Unfortunately the police can enforce the law all they want but in alot of case's it goes before a court and all their work in catching the crims turns to dust because of a certain judge and they way they see things. We have a bunch of kids now turned adult around my local town who at times hold the place to ransom: break and enters, bashings, sexual assault you name it and the police can only do so much. The magistrate we have in town at the moment is a joke and he keeps letting these kids off due to the fact he is known as a 'soft' magistrate- how ridiculous. We need one set of laws and the courts working with the police for any sort of justice to arise from certain situations.
I'm not suggesting a police state but we really need to look at our court system.

Most of the problems stem from the correllation between the courts and the police and that's not just to do with terror laws. Unfortunately the police can enforce the law all they want but in alot of case's it goes before a court and all their work in catching the crims turns to dust because of a certain judge and they way they see things. We have a bunch of kids now turned adult around my local town who at times hold the place to ransom: break and enters, bashings, sexual assault you name it and the police can only do so much. The magistrate we have in town at the moment is a joke and he keeps letting these kids off due to the fact he is known as a 'soft' magistrate- how ridiculous. We need one set of laws and the courts working with the police for any sort of justice to arise from certain situations.
I'm not suggesting a police state but we really need to look at our court system.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Hear Hear.

never a truer word was spoken.........or Written in this case. when you get Judges who get away with being drunk at work, falling asleep during cases etc. its an absolute disgrace.

adding to the judges resume you can include child abuse (if you don't believe me pitch a tent down near the 'Wall' in Darlinghurst one night and count the Bently's coming from the law courts and picking up little boys WRONG) and don't get me started with Pat O'Shea....the police arrest someone for swearing down George st and she tells them it's acceptable in todays society (and she bashes her husband!)

that would be Pat O'Shane..........Pat O'Shea was my old butcher, and no I didnt make that up :)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4