Supposed "Crisis at Manly" Megathread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Thank you for your Service

Stay strong guys.... This is another chapter of Manly bashing which has seen the light of day because of a certain person from within and his journo hack mates.

Skivy asking for a release is common knowledge, no scoop there.

Until Choc and Snake say otherwise then it's baseless rubbish in regards to them wanting out.

As for the goons on MMM saying Choc had three opportunities to deny the claims but didn't is proof it's true is crap. Why should he have to acknowledge the question just because you ask it within 2 minutes of finishing last nights game.

Daveagle said:
Stay strong guys.... This is another chapter of Manly bashing which has seen the light of day because of a certain person from within and his journo hack mates.

Until Choc and Snake say otherwise then it's baseless rubbish in regards to them wanting out.

As for the goons on MMM saying Choc had three opportunities to deny the claims but didn't is proof it's true is crap. Why should he have to acknowledge the question just because you ask it within 2 minutes of finishing last nights game.

All he had to say was "not true". Not that hard.

He's just fuelled speculation by not answering.

bob dylan said:
The disappointing thing about Choc and Gift etc is they have no class whatsoever.

Take a leaf out of the Menzies book boys, cop it on the chin and move on.

Please don't disrespect our diggers by comparing them to these overpaid and spoilt brats. Our diggers went to war, these blokes play football. There is no comparison ever.

Choc yes. Matai yes, but what on earth has Gifty done? He hasn't spoken once on the subject, other than an initial statement saying he was disappointed he wasn't given a new contact. He has not bagged our club and has kept very much out of it. Class act.

Daveagle said:

That's what we said about Matai. Look these things happen in all clubs.. unfortunately we have a pretty large leak at the club who is telling the media and they love their stories.

I have no doubt they have asked for releases.. but why is my question. Cant be the Glenn Stewart situation. That happened ages ago. I think they have received larger offers elsewhere and think.. well the club didn't show loyalty to Gift.. may as well look after myself and take the bigger offer. Which is fine...... when your contract ends... asking for a release is poor form.

Lets see how it plays out before we all get into hysterics.

speculation

there's got to be more to this player unrest bollocks. maybe we won't ever know the real story until a player (or more than one) does in fact leave. I wish the whole thing and the endless speculation would just go away.

I think everyone ripping into these 3 Manly legends should refrain from laying the boot into them.
It's well documented that Choc, Matai and Gifty took pay cuts on their last contracts to stay together and be loyal to the club.
They would be thinking that when their next contracts were up the club would show them some respect also.
With Gift not even tabled an offer while other players who are contracted until the end of next year negotiating extensions, I can see why along with Snake they are pissed with management.
I also agree with them that the club should've tried a lot harder to retain Gift and I honestly can't blame the players for being ****ty.

the mauler said:
I think everyone ripping into these 3 Manly legends should refrain from laying the boot into them.
It's well documented that Choc, Matai and Gifty took pay cuts on their last contracts to stay together and be loyal to the club.
They would be thinking that when their next contracts were up the club would show them some respect also.
With Gift not even tabled an offer while other players who are contracted until the end of next year negotiating extensions, I can see why along with Snake they are pissed with management.
I also agree with them that the club should've tried a lot harder to retain Gift and I honestly can't blame the players for being ****ty.

G'day all,It's probably fair to say none of us really know anything other than hearsay with regards to player contracts especially these backended ones which appear to be causing some headaches now.Iwas under the apprehension that although initially you received less, over the duration of that contract you received more incrementally so that it averages itself out to a certain amount that would be higher than the initial payment.Does that mean that in taking a pay cut its over the duration of the contract or just the initial period?
I'd also imagine that a lot of players at all clubs could say they took unders on a deal when you consider that certain clubs have far more lucrative deals rejected by players,as they have to offer way over just to have them considered,Ricky and Canberra spring to mind.
cheers mike

RE: Next on 9 news: Crisis at Manly

i've always been under the impression that manly don't ever really lose anyone they want to keep.... Glenn Stewart has spent ... all time on the field and wanted too much... simple!

sure there are some exceptions to the rule, but we hear the same crap every year, and it only seems to get louder the better the Eagles are going!

no 1 player is bigger than our mighty club and the culture that's build within the club!

anyone who wants to leave for the cash piss off or they're unhappy poor glenn left maybe should look at their own pay pavckets next year before sooking about it to the media... Plus we have plenty of talent awaiting to don the maroon n white!

The Prince of Brookvale said:
Let's just close the club down. Fk it it's all over.

In amongst all the doomsayers here I read this gem 20 minutes ago. I haven't stopped laughing since.

Nice one Prince.

6a00d8341c652b53ef015391c79429970b-800wi.jpg

Maybe Choc is doing a LeBron James and offering to opt out of the $900k so they can free up cap space...

That Bob Dylan is spot on:

"Your old road is
Rapidly agin'.
Please get out of the new one
If you can't lend your hand
For the times they are a-changin'."

Nice summary:
http://www.nrl.com/toovey-hits-out-over-manly-rumours/tabid/10874/newsid/80423/default.aspx

Dave Perry does not say that Skivvy was the only one to make an informal request. He said he was not aware of any 'formal requests' by Brett or Choc. This is code for the fact they probably did discuss it in an informal way.

Brett would be a straight shooter in these issues. However i think this was all 'months ago'. Clearly he has 'moved on'. His form is great. There was a period there where he looked slow, by his standards and, well carrying extra weight about Round 10 period. But around about the SOO 2 round, he has really upped the anti. Choc will be back to best in a week or so.

Napper said:
Darren said:
Hang on, we all know we are the happy club. It will be okay.

www.rabbitohs.com

Go and be miserable there.

Here's some other info for any players thinking about "greener" grass:

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/brisbane-broncos-players-have-expressed-their-disappointment-at-anthony-griffins-sacking/story-fndv2w3r-1226997534041

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/parramatta-eels-chairman-steve-sharp-applies-for-avo-against-former-teammate-terry-leabeater/story-fndv34of-1226996942347

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8