Supporters' Bus - 2015

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ALinda

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Hi All,

I just enquired with the MWSE as to if by any chance they'll put on a supporters' bus to go to Gosford on Saturday for the trial game vs Roosters.

I was not only told the club isn't arranging a bus for it, but actually there will be no supporters' buses provided by the club this year, due to the low patronage last year!

Just thought I'd let those travelling supporters know, who will be affected by this. Sad news and I'm bitterly disappointed :(

That sucks.

Maybe y'all can get a seat on this one?!

web-wildrose-bus.jpg

Hi All,

I just enquired with the MWSE as to if by any chance they'll put on a supporters' bus to go to Gosford on Saturday for the trial game vs Roosters.

I was not only told the club isn't arranging a bus for it, but actually there will be no supporters' buses provided by the club this year, due to the low patronage last year!

Just thought I'd let those travelling supporters know, who will be affected by this. Sad news and I'm bitterly disappointed :(

What about the ferry service? Are they going to put that on again? From what I read on here last year, it was pretty popular.

Any chance it will head up the pacific hwy to Titan and bronco games..... That would be so awesome.

There aren't enough numbers because they don't promote it enough. And at $25 for most trips, that's not an eye catching price. Surely there's a coach company on the beaches that could sponsor us in return for us using their buses.

What about the ferry service? Are they going to put that on again? From what I read on here last year, it was pretty popular.
Ferry last year was great, but I doubt it will be happening for a trial game, anyway, they would have been advertising it by now.

Ferry last year was great, but I doubt it will be happening for a trial game, anyway, they would have been advertising it by now.

I wasn't actually talking about for the trial game but in response to ALinda's earlier post where she said:

" I was not only told the club isn't arranging a bus for it, but actually there will be no supporters' buses provided by the club this year, due to the low patronage last year! "

:)

There aren't enough numbers because they don't promote it enough. And at $25 for most trips, that's not an eye catching price. Surely there's a coach company on the beaches that could sponsor us in return for us using their buses.
Beachwheels is a sponsor already

Forgot about Beachwheels!

A way to improve it would be to have more than one pickup point. Like in Round 1, make an extra pickup at the Forest Way and Chatswood, as people coming from work in the city won't make it to the Leagues Club in time, so a train to Chatswood would let them easily make it.

@ManlyArmy , another possible option re the buses is to perhaps partner with @vidmar and the Football Club to run them.

They have an excellent web based system that now runs the MWTS functions ( now I have retired) and could easily handle this, they are also set up for credit cards / PayPal ( I think the PayPal might not be correct).

A charter bus should cost around $660 for a typical football trip inside the greater Sydney area.

You say the $25 isn't a great price point, and you maybe right, but divide the $660 by say 30 and you get $22 so the $25 isn't far out.

You'll never satisfy everyone , beleive me I spent the best part of 7 years putting things on for people and even when I was making less than $10 a head on a ticket / function / transport option they were still breaking the costs apart and using public transport to try and get there and do it $10 cheaper.

What you need is a core group of people who want to use it, then yes adjust the pick up points to offer a few more of these ( rather than just the Leagues Club) and then you need to market it on Silvetails, Facebook and ideally ( if the Football Club is doing it they will) the Sea Eagles as well as they have the largest penetration on social media.

It " should work", but you need a core group to want to support it for all away games.

The players should give us a lift.

Or their team bus.....must have heaps of empty seats!!!

I wasn't actually talking about for the trial game but in response to ALinda's earlier post where she said:

" I was not only told the club isn't arranging a bus for it, but actually there will be no supporters' buses provided by the club this year, due to the low patronage last year! "

:)
OK, I thought you meant the trial, they had two trips last year on the ferry and they were very popular, so I can't see why they won't do the same again this year, with Beaver, Mark Bryant and Josh Perry probably hosting again as part of the Golden Eagles.

Gee... I wonder why the patronage was low?
Why would people want to go and watch their favourite players who will be playing in different colours the following year?
If DCE and/or Foran sign elsewhere for next year, I'd expect the numbers to drop even further this year. I haven't been this disinterested in an NRL season starting, since the NE days.

Last edited:
@ManlyArmy , another possible option re the buses is to perhaps partner with @vidmar and the Football Club to run them.

I agree, with Beachwheels being a sponsor, surely something can be worked out with them - even if, as @Mark from Brisbane suggests, the Football Club runs them.

Good idea, Mark. I'm very interested to hear what @vidmar thinks about all this, considering his position and being a regular user of the supporters' bus.

I agree, with Beachwheels being a sponsor, surely something can be worked out with them - even if, as @Mark from Brisbane suggests, the Football Club runs them.

Good idea, Mark. I'm very interested to hear what @vidmar thinks about all this, considering his position and being a regular user of the supporters' bus.

Yes I'm sure he'd be interested , but need to advise u that I haven't spoken to him about it, so might chase that up for you as he doesn't come on here much these days.

Yes I'm sure he'd be interested , but need to advise u that I haven't spoken to him about it, so might chase that up for you as he doesn't come on here much these days.

I know there's more pressing issues currently but I'm just curious Mark if you've heard from @vidmar ? Thinking about this time next week! Saw @ManlyArmy post, which is ominous and fully understand the bus is minor in the overall scheme of things!

I know there's more pressing issues currently but I'm just curious Mark if you've heard from @vidmar ? Thinking about this time next week! Saw @ManlyArmy post, which is ominous and fully understand the bus is minor in the overall scheme of things!
Sorry haven't spoken to Vid, to be honest I was sort of " leaving him alone" with everything that was gong on.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2