Sunshine Coast V East last Saturday

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
For those interested I went to Langlands to watch this game as I wanted to see how Tony Williams was going.

He started the game wearing number 11 but played right centre, with Andrew Suniula on the right wing for most of the game.

Tony had a good first half, particularly late in the second half.  His try was one of the best I've seen; got the ball on the 22 metre line and ran over top of three Easts players on the way to the line.  His involvement in the second half dropped off; he looked like he was limping for a lot of it.  Andrew Suinela was a bit busier but did not have the impact Tony did.

All of Easts three tries were scored on Williams/Suninela's side.

George Rose played about 60 minutes and had a strong game; he looks very fit.  Of the others including Vic Mauro, John Muir and John Greive, Muir was probably best and scored a good try.  Mauro I reckon just doesn't have the size to cut it.

The absolute standout in the forwards was Junior Palau.  By far the best and busiest forward on the field.  If you wanted a bloke who can makes metres this is your guy.

The Manly halfback had a fair game but didn't do anything special, has a good kicking game.

If you were looking for guys to bring up to the NRL team after that game you would have a choice of Junior Palau, George Rose, Tony Williams and Andrew Suniula.

"The Manly halfback had a fair game but didn't do anything special, has a good kicking game."

Thats all this team needs really. We have enough creativity generally..

Orfords problem is he cant kick.. and he has too many touches in the set of six.. and runs from side to side as he doesnt have a 5/8 to spread it too.

'Fair and nothing special' in the QLD cup? No thanks. I hear Wade Forrester had to retire after getting dropped from a QLD cup side.

Volley, the Qld Cup is a very good standard of play.  Much better than the NSW Cup.  Give Ox a rest up there to take a look at his game.  Could do a Wade Forrester on us.  That'd be good.

CC, are you able to tell me how 1 of the Easts players, Chris Bamford played ? Probably would have come off the bench, big unit with blonde hair

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4