Sunshine Coast trial "doomed"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
IN A major blow to the cash-strapped Sea Eagles and the region's league fans, the highly anticipated NRL trial match between Manly and the Warriors at Sunshine Coast Stadium in February is likely to be scrapped.

Read the full article

Even if we weren't in the WCC, you'd think we'd probably scrap the trial anyway, as I can't see why you would want to play a trial against your round 1 opponents.

Not surprised, I said at the time I doubted how they'd fit it in, unless the game was much earlier.

It's actually a pity as it would have been a good event / place for a Silvertails get together.

That is if we could keep them from each others throats??

Just kidding, it is a pity as there was a bit of interest this to happen!!

I know the SC fans would want to see the top names (not that they play much trial time anyway) but I would have liked to see our 2nd tier guys go up against the Warriors. They gave a good account of themselves in the trial this year.

I know the travel costs would rise, but i would like to see more of the NRL squad travel with the trial teams just to meet and greet the fans. Sign a few footballs, get a few photo's with the kids, that sort of thing. Raise the clubs profile anyway possible. They might also hand out a few membership forms to interested parties.

Maybe raise our profile is not the correct term. I think people know who we are. I mean positive actions speak volumes.

Yeah sorry, i didn't mean this game in particular. Just at Manly trials in general. Manly came to Rocky a couple of years ago and there were a few Eagles fans ( kids ) that were a little let down that some of their favourite players were not here.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6