Sunday Weather Forecast

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Somatik

MONKEES
Just checked the 4 day weather forecast and not looking good.

Interwebs said heavy rain and thunderclaps for the GF........

Why cant we just have a dry fast paddock on what is to be a lovely Sunday afternoon?

Lets hope so for all peeps heading to the game (me also)

hey somatik by coincidence I just wrote a piece in another thread about this very thing. Being a competition sailor its my big interest :angel:

Yeah very good chance of rain, overcast day, S/SE moderate winds, cool temp so bring yer raincoats and brollies.

Hope it'll be like the 2008 GF and we won't need em and the rain will stay away

GO MANLY!!

If the Manly players have to play in rain and thunder then I'll watch in rain and thunder. If they can't run around with umbrellas, then I'll watch without an umbrella.

If it looks like rain, then based on recent history most of the Manly fans will stay at home and watch it on tv, and we might only have 10 -12,000.

Sunday 2 October
Summary
Min 11 Max 17 A few showers. Windy. Sydney area

Out West a high of 18oC.

Partly cloudy. Scattered showers. Winds south to southwesterly averaging up to 45 km/h.

The 2008 weather was similar but the odd shower did not occur out west after 2pm, was just a bit of grey sky day in the end and what turn out to be a brilliant night !

A forecast of 'scattered showers' is OK, the forecast you don’t want to read is RAIN or RAIN PERIODS …

CliffyIsGod said:
Still some many variables between now and Sun.

right cliffy bit too early to call on wed afternoon, and the weather bureau gets it wrong as many times as they get it right...

will keep our weather eyes on it :angel:

Better to have the rain now than on saturday or sunday - the ground will drain well

Actually we have had far less rain in Sydney today than I thought after looking at the BOM charts yesterday - it looked like it would be lashing rain all day today but its been largely dry.

ANZ would be in very good playing condition right now.

However the BOM 4 day charts are starting to look gloomy for sunday, and although much may change between now and then they are forecasting a low pressure system to intensify off the NSW coast sat night and pump rain into NSW all sunday.

see: http://www.bom.gov.au/australia/charts/4day_col.shtml

have fingers crossed that like today it will be largely dry on sunday

Brookie4eva said:
If it looks like rain, then based on recent history most of the Manly fans will stay at home and watch it on tv, and we might only have 10 -12,000.

For Manly fans to venture to ANZ is the same as a Warrior fan to venture from NZ. IT is a cost and a major sacrifice to a hard fought lifestyle to travel that far :D:D

I think the rain will be good for us. The way the warriors throw it around, a greasy wet ball will bring on plenty of errors.

I agree with DSM5 a wet track will suit us, not massive amounts of rain on game day but just a nice greasy track.

DSM5 said:
I think the rain will be good for us. The way the warriors throw it around, a greasy wet ball will bring on plenty of errors.

I agree that the ball is going to be wet and greasy and that's going to cause the ball to slip out of their hands but the ground is also going to be very slippery. It won't just be the Warriors slipping on the wet ground, it's going to be Manly too. I just checked the forecast for Sunday on the Weather Channel, it showed a picture of a sun symbol with a dark grey cloud raining. Apart from just one win at Brookvale Oval when Manly came up against Canberra and it was raining, Manly doesn't really have the best record of winning games when it's raining.:s

NSW BOM Forecast updated at 5:53 am EST on Friday 30 September 2011:

Sunday 2 October
Summary
Min 12
Max 18
A few showers. Windy.
Sydney area: Cloudy. Scattered showers. Winds southerly averaging 40 to 50 km/h.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6