Suli off to Illawarra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
MOSES EYEING MANLY EXTENSION

There’s a real dearth of natural centres in the game right now, and that’s reflected in the state of the market.

Latrell Mitchell is now a fullback, while Jarrod Croker won’t leave Canberra.

The likes of Curtis Scott, Jesse Ramien, Waqa Blake, Joey Leilua and Joseph Manu are all tied up to long-term deals.

One who is coming off-contract later this year is Manly’s Moses Suli.

Suli’s story is well known. He fell out of favour at the Bulldogs and Tigers and was quickly shown the door.

The Tonga international went to Manly where he has blossomed under Des Hasler, shedding weight and getting his football back on track.

It showed last year, particularly in the Sea Eagles’ agonising finals loss to the Bunnies when Suli embarrassed Dane Gagai to the extent that the Rabbitohs centre had been shifted to the wing to save him from Suli.

Still only 21, Suli would be the envy of most clubs with his rampaging runs and sheer physical power make him a rare commodity in the modern game - a centre with strike, that isn’t just plugging a hole.

But don’t bet on him leaving Brookvale. He likes the club, and the club like him.

I cant see us retaining him. He will be offered big money elsewhere that we just wont match. He is the only "non depth" player off contract this year and unfortunately I see us losing him.
Not all bad with Schuster, hoppa, Funa coming through and the option to play walker there aswell.
After 2021 we will lose Thommo. Hopefully we will be able to retain the majority of the rest for the next few years AND we will win the comp by then

I cant see us retaining him. He will be offered big money elsewhere that we just wont match. He is the only "non depth" player off contract this year and unfortunately I see us losing him.
Not all bad with Schuster, hoppa, Funa coming through and the option to play walker there aswell.
After 2021 we will lose Thommo. Hopefully we will be able to retain the majority of the rest for the next few years AND we will win the comp by then
Agree will attract plenty of interest Robbo, but seems a player who loves the environment at Manly and Des has built a solid respect with him....when you can build that loyalty and trust factor is when players will stay for that bit less....his footy improvement is a good sign he has finally found s happy home and only a big extra number would make him even consider moving imo...

We are fortunate to have quite a few potentially top centres. As well as Suli, there is of course Parker, but there's also Funa, Walker (if he vacates 5/8 for Schuster), Ben Trbojevic, who I think is going to be up there with his brothers and of course a couple of back up players. Difficult to fit them all in. I like Suli and think he could be a star if he keeps his head out of the trough. But one or two players are going to be disappointed and I don't think it will be Suli if he stays, or Ben T., at some stage in a year or so. Hoppa will contest a wing spot and backup full back and besides he is on a mission it seems for 2 years after this year.

I reckon Suli will stay. He has mates here, Fainu (hopefully) and Guaca. Don't forget Hoppa will be off on his sabbatical in the next year or 2.

MOSES EYEING MANLY EXTENSION

There’s a real dearth of natural centres in the game right now, and that’s reflected in the state of the market.

Latrell Mitchell is now a fullback, while Jarrod Croker won’t leave Canberra.

The likes of Curtis Scott, Jesse Ramien, Waqa Blake, Joey Leilua and Joseph Manu are all tied up to long-term deals.

One who is coming off-contract later this year is Manly’s Moses Suli.

Suli’s story is well known. He fell out of favour at the Bulldogs and Tigers and was quickly shown the door.

The Tonga international went to Manly where he has blossomed under Des Hasler, shedding weight and getting his football back on track.

It showed last year, particularly in the Sea Eagles’ agonising finals loss to the Bunnies when Suli embarrassed Dane Gagai to the extent that the Rabbitohs centre had been shifted to the wing to save him from Suli.

Still only 21, Suli would be the envy of most clubs with his rampaging runs and sheer physical power make him a rare commodity in the modern game - a centre with strike, that isn’t just plugging a hole.

But don’t bet on him leaving Brookvale. He likes the club, and the club like him.
He loves our club
and it is a credit to our great club the Manly Sea eagles
Hail The Manly Sea eagles !

I thought he was looking really fit on the weekend. Should be primed for a big year.

I am pretty confident he will stay. He went to the highest bidder when he was younger and that didn’t work out for him. Lesson learnt. I would have thought that, provided we come up with an offer that is in the ball park, he will stay.

Was it Suli or Fainu who recently moved to the area? Once settled in Gods country it is hard to go elsewhere.

Was it Suli or Fainu who recently moved to the area? Once settled in Gods country it is hard to go elsewhere.

Yeh it was Suli who said in an interview recently that he’d moved to Dee Why, commutes to training with Jorge.
Fainu must check in with the local station out west. If only he did move to Dee Why! Might of been starting hooker for round 1

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4