Successful Cricketers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think it was Carke who Bangled Bingle Mata.

On the MBE , its funny to hear one English journo go on about how we should forget and let it go because MBE's are not worth anything , then on the other hand you have Boycott say that he would stick his around his cats neck. Obviously they were worth something but not now. Same **** as SIR Clive Woodward being knighted because of the world cup. If you want to see a bit of POM bashing , fanatics.com has some great Ashes threads.

funny comments from Boycott saying he wouldn't put his MBE over his dog after the whole team got them for winning the Ashes last year....they win it, and only just, for the first time in a long time and they give them MBEs....does sort of cheapen it all....
What about Warnies reply to a Collingwood sledge during his 70 odd in Sydney "and to think you got an MBE for getting 7". Collingwood only played in 1 test in 2005 Ashes series and got 7 runs in his only bat, but still got his MBE with the rest of the squad.

[quote author=PJ]
Collingwood only played in 1 test in 2005 Ashes series and got 7 runs in his only bat, but still got his MBE with the rest of the squad.

He scored 10 and 7 at the Oval.

anyone watch last night?

that hilfenhaus looks like a great prospect. I think he is 23 so plenty of years to perfect his action but he was getting some great swing and very late. I would love to see mcgrath take him under his wing

Hilfy is a good one day option but I dont think he is a test bowler.

The fielding last night was atrocious.

And I now hate Michael Clarke and Cameron White. With Andrew Symonds on about 32 with 4 overs left, they kept hogging the strike and not turning it over.

I had $50 @ 6.50 on Symonda as high scorer for Aus and he just couldnt get the strike.

clarke hardly hogged the strike - 6 balls with a single not off the last ball of an over.

as for white, its hard to rotate the strike when you keep clearing the fence

I thought it was interesting to hear the banter when Ponting and Gilly were miked up- especially when Ponting told Hogg we all know he is going to reverse sweep you so we will bring harwood in a bit- low and behold he reverse swept the next ball and harwood dropped a sitter. I was impressed will Gillys commentary as well especially when he took them out to the break with something like "the poms are getting smashed....again"

The banter & sledging is a fantastic part of the game.

Bemuses me as to how the umpires can keep a straight face on some occassions.

That one from Hogg and Punter was a classic.
Hell reverse sweep you.
Ill bowl a couple of top spinners then.
Well put in a deep slip.

First ball , a top spinner , her reverse sweeps it , and if he opened his mouth Stickers would have swallowed it.

I really enjoyed watching that last night. I just wish they would televise the state 20/20 games.

[quote author=Utility Player]
[quote author=PJ]
Collingwood only played in 1 test in 2005 Ashes series and got 7 runs in his only bat, but still got his MBE with the rest of the squad.

He scored 10 and 7 at the Oval.
[/quote]

Oops my bad, will sack my source at the Daily Telegraph (I think his name is Sherlock) ;)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4