Success

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

MuzztheEagle

Bencher
It may not be worth anything and I'm sure not everyone here will agree:
I think we went down today as the better team but sadly nowhere near as good as we could and should have been.
I think that's a huge lesson for some of the team and hopefully we get a more consistent season next year.

eagle40

Reserve Grader
I'm still calling this year a success.

Game one I saw us as bottom 3, game 2 cemented that.

To make the finals and get done over on a cowboys call, well I'm happy with that.

We will add Moylan or cronk know next year and get ever so much more closer.

Go manly

Can I get a glass of what you're drinking

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Jake t walking off absolutely filthy was the best thing ever. He was not a happy camper and that kind of anger builds and gets you further every game.

That was the look the entire 2007 team had.

Snake

Snake's Alive!
Chez crying? if he wanted it that bad, he should have put a rocket up the team and told them to RUN STRAIGHT!!!!!!!!!

All bloody night we went sideways.

sheridanstand78

First Grader
Overall it has been a big improvement of the below par years of 15 and 16. This team is young and they punched above their weight for a lot of the year, handicapped by 1 million in salary cap not being available due to Snake and Skivvy retiring. We need a bit of experience to come in and compliment the kids we have. Things are bright for 2018, the experience from tonight will fuel them for a big year I feel.

Lyonstomenzies

Bencher
Premium Member
It hurts, even Chez was crying in the post match interview :(

But that is the nature of Sport and we will all be back for more in 2018 :D
I f***ing love the fact that he was crying and not laughing shaking hands with other players. He's showed plenty of pride in the jersey this and I'm so glad he is our captain.

It should hurt to lose.

Success for me too. Objectively an advance on last year, and good signs of a new team coming together. One or 2 good signings to keep things moving forward, in the pigs and outside backs, and maybe another playmaker if Hastings is not looking like coming on.

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
Yeah good call Dan. We made alot of progress this season when many had us bottom 4.

Disappointed with tonight, but happy with the team overall.

A few more signings in the off season and we should go forward. Need a couple more impact forwards and some extra back row depth.

Kind of hoping this season is a bit like 05 when we finally started to find our feet and then onto years of dominance.
How could we not make progress on that shambles of 2016? Really! I agree that a few (3) astute signings could see us seriously challenge moving forward.

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
It may not be worth anything and I'm sure not everyone here will agree:
I think we went down today as the better team but sadly nowhere near as good as we could and should have been.
I think that's a huge lesson for some of the team and hopefully we get a more consistent season next year.
Can we get Walker to STFU and tell everybody to drop the chest beating antics?

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
Half your luck, my wife's a freaking Penrith supporter. I'd be happy NOT to see her for 48hrs........
That's where you have to draw a line in the sand.

If they don't love Manly, then love goes out the window and you conduct a ROLEX (Relationship Offload Exercise).

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
Marty and Uate's drop in form have been costly of recent in my opinion (especially Marty). I don't know wtf has happened with him, but he has fallen way off the wagon since that stellar mid-season form. Perhaps it is about age and maturity (to perform consistently) and hopefully, we see him continue to grow and develop in years to come.

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
Chez crying? if he wanted it that bad, he should have put a rocket up the team and told them to RUN STRAIGHT!!!!!!!!!

All bloody night we went sideways.
I have mentioned before that he does need to start talking to blokes like Krilich, Jones, Alan Thompson (and let's not forget Tooves) on the art of ripping his teammates a new one, when required.

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
Actually, is Uate closer to Newcastle form of recent? A crucial bombed try and then an even more crucial casual pick up fumble that lead to the Panther's winning try (or non-try)... In all honesty, a 12 point turnaround right there at crucial times in the game. No real punch or penetration from his clearing runs in the later part of the season.

Don't get me wrong, he has had a stellar season... but this has probably also masked some of the more mediocre performances of late.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Well, I had us ending between 5th & 10th at the end of season proper and to end up at 6th and the bonus of playing in the Finals again after two years out was definitely a successful season as far as I am concerned.

If we had been up against any other of the other Finals teams besides Penrith, I would thought that we were cannon fodder to go out on Week 1 but as it was Penrith and we played so well against them last week, I thought that there was a very good chance that we would go on to Week 2 but alas, it was not to be but I say it again, it was still a successful season as far as I am concerned.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14
12 6 6 77 14
12 6 6 -39 14