• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think that you have been quite lucky Clon and wouldn't suggest that you do it again. Some info that i found on the net.

Basically, overdosing on caffeine will probably be very very
unpleasant but not kill or deliver permanent damage. However people do die from it.

Toxic dose - The LD_50 of caffeine (that is the lethal dosage reported to kill 50% of the population) is estimated at 10 grams for oral administration.

As it is usually the case, lethal dosage varies from individual to individual according to weight.

Ingestion of 150mg/kg of caffeine seems to be the LD_50 for all people. That is, people weighting 50 kilos have an LD_50 of approx. 7.5 grams, people weighting 80 kilos have an LD_50 of about 12 grams.

In cups of coffee the LD_50 varies from 50 to 200 cups of coffee or about 50 vivarins (200mg each).

One exceptional case documents survival after ingesting 24 grams.

The minimum lethal dose ever reported was 3.2 grams
intravenously, this does not represent the oral MLD (minimum lethal dose)

In small children ingestion of 35 mg/kg can lead to moderate toxicity. The amount of caffeine in an average cup of coffee is 50 - 200 mg. Infants metabolize caffeine very slowly.

Symptoms

+ Acute caffeine poisoning gives early symptoms of anorexia, tremor, and restlessness. Followed by nausea, vomiting, tachycardia, and confusion. Serious intoxication may cause delirium, seizures, supraventricular and ventricular tachyarrhythmias, hypokalemia, and hyperglycemia.

+ Chronic high-dose caffeine intake can lead to nervousness, irritability, anxiety, tremulousness, muscle twitching, insomnia, palpitations and hyperreflexia. For blood testing, cross-reaction with theophylline assays will detect toxic amounts. (Method IA) Blood concentration of 1-10 mg/L is normal in coffee drinkers, while 80 mg/L has been associated with death.

****. While that above info is bad, the 50gms was mixed with a jug of water which was just over 1L. I think my case could be more directly compared to the cups of coffee part.

As I said we measured it to be 30 teaspoons (30 cups) however it would have been more concentrated due to the low water intake.

I can assure you I wont be doing it again and would strongly advise against it.

I had only limited accute symptoms.

Nutz: why would you want to leave the beauty that is South Bank Beach? :)

Whenever I think of things to do in Melbourne, I always try and remember the spoof song that The Late Show did of Things of Stone and Wood's \"Happy Birthday Helen\".

It was called something like \"Just Another Melbourne Cliche\" and was an absolute cracker!

"just ran out of melbourne cliches" i think - will check when i get home.

Nutz: why would you want to leave the beauty that is South Bank Beach? :)

Whenever I think of things to do in Melbourne, I always try and remember the spoof song that The Late Show did of Things of Stone and Wood's \"Happy Birthday Helen\".

It was called something like \"Just Another Melbourne Cliche\" and was an absolute cracker!

Unfortunately a certain lady i am very close too has moved to melbourne for a about a year and a half and constantly rings me asking to head down there!! Normally i would brush it off and wait til they got back or sumfin.. but she is an awesome chick and i wouldn't mind seeing a bit more of our great brown land before i get too old?

Any suggestions?? (without the "plenty more fish in the sea" lecture)

Nutz - head over wa & nt ,i love it over there ,its so different than the rest of oz.You are still only young ,go see it all !!!!

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6