Stripping The Ball Question

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Eagles2nv

DESpicable Manly
They way I understand it is if a one on one player drops off the tackle and then another strips the ball one on one then it's considered a one on one strip.

But if the initial tackle was 2 people and they both fell off and then a 3rd player strips the ball one on one it's considered a penalty.

Personally I think that is a poor rule becuse the initial player impacts the play. DCE momentum was stopped by the first players failed tackle which gave mitchell momentum.

MissKate

Bencher
Premium Member
Most of the rules are written in the same way, they are very vague and usually contradict themselves. This gives the refs an easy job to interpret them any way they choose and that no one can complain that the ref got the ruling wrong as archer will just twist the interpretation around to fit the call the refs made.

nrl koala club corruption and incompetence at its best

Mal Cochrane

I'm not really Mal Cochrane...
They way I understand it is if a one on one player drops off the tackle and then another strips the ball one on one then it's considered a one on one strip.

But if the initial tackle was 2 people and they both fell off and then a 3rd player strips the ball one on one it's considered a penalty.

Personally I think that is a poor rule becuse the initial player impacts the play. DCE momentum was stopped by the first players failed tackle which gave mitchell momentum.

and then they have to adjudicate on split second stuff...too grey.

Also what is annoying is in the tackle when someone is just trying to wrap the ball up and in the fall or struggle the ball comes loose. There is a difference, but again this rule is so grey, they need to rule on any dropped ball where the defender was around the ball.

Michael Clare

Reserve Grader
Apart from the dreaded ruck and play the ball, the "strip the ball" rule has caused more discussion and controversy than any other aspect of the game in recent years. So many fifty-fifty calls with players dropping the ball or having it stripped. Games consistently won and lost on inconsistent refereeing decisions. I genuinely loathe this current rule - surely more responsibility must fall on the player with the ball, but admit it's possible those massive forward packs would possibly rip it out without the strip rule being in place.

My contention is that the three man gang tackle ought to be banned (maximum of two only) and the strip allowed. This rule change would also fix up the ruck area in my opinion and ought to be explored.

Michael Clare

Reserve Grader
Apart from the dreaded ruck and play the ball, the "strip the ball" rule has caused more discussion and controversy than any other aspect of the game in recent years. So many fifty-fifty calls with players dropping the ball or having it stripped. Games consistently won and lost on inconsistent refereeing decisions. I genuinely loathe this current rule - surely more responsibility must fall on the player with the ball, but admit it's possible those massive forward packs would possibly rip it out without the strip rule being in place.

My contention is that the three man gang tackle ought to be banned (maximum of two only) and the strip allowed. This rule change might also help clean up the ruck area and ought to be explored.

D

Deleted member 26876

Is anyone as satisfied as I am with the fact that "master coach, career transformer" Craig Bellamy couldn't turn myles's form around through his 'magic'. Myles rumoured to be off to the super league in 2018, although I reckon he'd stay as tessa has a job in Melbourne doesn't she

Eagles2nv

DESpicable Manly
and then they have to adjudicate on split second stuff...too grey.

Also what is annoying is in the tackle when someone is just trying to wrap the ball up and in the fall or struggle the ball comes loose. There is a difference, but again this rule is so grey, they need to rule on any dropped ball where the defender was around the ball.

To help with the grey, you make a rule that the first player who makes contact has the opportunity for the one on one strip and anything after that is a penalty.

Obviously the strip rule over the trylinr is the only exception. But that rule is reasonably black and white.

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Wasn't there an instance in the 4 o'clock game where the first dropped off the second in stripped and was penalised?? Anyone else see that??