Strip DCE of the Captaincy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I can't see any other member of our squad that has led "the worst team in history" to an upset State-of-Origin win, can you?
Couldn’t give 2 fuks about Qld. Just shows he only play’s well when everyone else plays well AND when he has origin player quality around him. Your point is invalid. The fact that he TAKES FAR to much money from us means we can’t afford a origin caliber team to support him.

I can however see a captain that runs around like a hopeless headless chook that clearly doesn’t lead. And he’s about to lead us to our FIRST EVER SPOON in 75 yrs.

Obviously didn’t watch Blacktown smoke the Bears last week. Showed more heart and enthusiasm than first grade has shown in 12months. And the Blacktown half put Moneyevans to shame......

Watched every minute of that game but failed to see anyone in the team that could do a better job than DCE. It was all Cust who can play hooker, but is he a halfback of first grade standard - no way.

Watched every minute of that game but failed to see anyone in the team that could do a better job than DCE. It was all Cust who can play hooker, but is he a halfback of first grade standard - no way.
Thats the thing... he played terrible but was STILL the only back that looked like creating something... we really lack backline skills players...

Come on Frank, the only thing he created was more chances for Souths. His first 3 touches resulted in Souths getting the ball.
Not talking him up @hozza Coz he was crap (last week too)...

I am just saying that apart from that short pass to Saab on the kick returns, I never feared for Souffs backline defense... We all know chez is capable and I dont reckon you can say that about anyone else 1-6 (or 9)...

maybe cust and Schuster do have the skills but I wouldn't expect them to come in and tear up 1st game back...

Other teams have been working on the theory, 'shut down DCE, shut down Manly'. And it's worked. It's amazing how often the opposition left hand defense moves up very fast - often offside (the Rabbits got pinged once for this today) to shut down DCE, because they know that no-one else can ball-play on Manly's right hand attack. Sirro just cuts back in (when there), Gojetski runs predictably straight, Suli also runs predictably straight...and Saab is so young and inexperienced he's just trying not to make a mistake and back up.

We haven't really had an unpredictable attack on the right since Gifty and Lyon - one of our best right-hand side combos ever.

Other teams have been working on the theory, 'shut down DCE, shut down Manly'. And it's worked. It's amazing how often the opposition left hand defense moves up very fast - often offside (the Rabbits got pinged once for this today) to shut down DCE, because they know that no-one else can ball-play on Manly's right hand attack. Sirro just cuts back in (when there), Gojetski runs predictably straight, Suli also runs predictably straight...and Saab is so young and inexperienced he's just trying not to make a mistake and back up.

We haven't really had an unpredictable attack on the right since Gifty and Lyon - one of our best right-hand side combos ever.

Ahh just thinking about Gifty and Lyon puts a smile on my face. What a champion team full of leaders that was..

Can someone explain how supposedly 2 exoerienced halves who played in GF can't manufacture a repeat set kicking game in attrocious conditions that favoured us in the 2nd half
Don’t forget that the same half helped QLD win origin last year with a severely undermanned team that didn’t include Turbo....

I miss those days, remember when we had a completion rate of over 40% per season

Oh hello. The big call of 'OUR FIRST SPOON' has been wheeled out again in round 2.
FFS. Just go and support Melbourne or the rooters so you can be happy and positive watching a winning team who have already 'WON THE SPOON'.

Couldn’t give 2 fuks about Qld. Just shows he only play’s well when everyone else plays well AND when he has origin player quality around him. Your point is invalid. The fact that he TAKES FAR to much money from us means we can’t afford a origin caliber team to support him.

I can however see a captain that runs around like a hopeless headless chook that clearly doesn’t lead. And he’s about to lead us to our FIRST EVER SPOON in 75 yrs.
He a myth, it was Munster who was deciding factor. He there by default they have no one else.

I can't see any other member of our squad that has led "the worst team in history" to an upset State-of-Origin win, can you?
Now, if only Manly had to play three games per year and they were billed as representative fixtures... we may actually get something back close to the money we pay him for.

DCE better step up he doesn’t even need to do anything fancy. Keep it simple kick into space, pass to the players chest and tackle.

So many times he would pass behind the player and kick straight to the back 3. The only thing he did good was tackle not good enough for our $1.3m player

It seems many are missing the point. We don't have a pack that can dominate, therefore the halves are always on the backfoot. I'm utterly confused about the Foran signing - love him to death, but he's clearly not the answer behind a dominated pack.

As for Saab - really?! Apart from height, what's he bring? Hell, Cook ran him down with a 10m start!

The truth is we don't have the cattle this year - its going to be a hard, long, depressing season.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8