Story of our season so far....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
After 11 rounds we sit 6 wins - 5 losses. After our blistering start to the season last year, and 2 key additions to the backline this year, a lot of us would have been disappointed had we been told in February that this would be our record by May. On the other hand, we've just come out of a 6 game gauntlet with a 50% record, and have lost 3 games to good teams by less than 6 points (Cowboys, Tigers and Dragons).

How is the team really going? While we are only 2 wins out of 1st, we are also 1 win out of 11th. I think from what the team has shown, a top 4 birth is not out of the question if we keep a mostly fully-fit squad throughout the season, and don't lose too many key players for too many games (ie BK). The only teams that I think have got our measure so far are the Knights, Broncos and Cowboys. I can't see why we can't beat ANY of the other teams. That's why Top 8 positioning is so important this year. While I think on our day we can match it with any team, we really need to avoid one of the above teams in the first round of the Finals.

Hopefully we can get through the rest of the SOO period with an odd win or two, get back our full squad, and then make a run up the table before the Finals. If we can do this I think the sky is the limit for us this year.

Some good points. I reckon we have a lot of improvement left in us - our defence is a lot better this year but we have to win a few away games and also get some at night.

Injuries and how we surface from the Origin series will also impact. A fit BK is important and we have to keep improving.

My personal opinion is that we have an easier run in the last 10 weeks and could get some momentum then.

There are 13 games left.
We play 5 against the teams coming equal first, 3 of which are at Brookie. (2 x Newc, Bris, Cant, Melb)
We play 4 against the teams we are equal with (2 x Pen, Cron, Easts)
We play 4 against teams lower than us (2 x souths, Parra, Tigers)

6 out of 13 gets us to the same total as last year (28 pts). I think we need to achieve 8 out of 13 to move up into the top 6 and beyond. The key factor will be injuries or lack there of.

I prefer this start to the season than last years. This end of the season does not matter so much as Parra and the tigers showed last year.

I would much rather be sitting somewhere in the middle of the 8 than in the top 4 at this point. less pressure and we will come good toward the end for a good run into the finals

In a way I agree Dan, this time last year we were about 2nd and there was plenty of publicity coming the players way. Papers, TV etc.

Then they lost focus. This time I guess there is no reason for the players to get too cocky. Hopefully the players will stay focused, striving to improve.

last year we were like an melbourne cup horse who hit the front early and had well and truely run our race by the 2000m mark.

I think this year we have been winning ugly and have played only one outstanding game and that was against the dirty dogs. The longer the likes of burns, orford and monas play together the better we will get.

I dont even think the top 4 is so important now days, momentment and finishing in the top 6 is all it takes to be a real threat.

as far as i'm concerned if a team comes 5th or 6th and is playing the best footy and has very few injuries, there is no reason why they cannot win. Without the added pressure of expecting to win. A little like the Tigers last year I guess.

Melbourne were 3rd in '99'. And no, I am not Lotti.

I think you might be right with the Roosters.
hahahahha
hi lotti
how is ure oxy and ure belly doin :dance:

Easts won from 4th in '02. Obviously they were only 4th because the Dogs came last, but the point still stands. In the last 11 years no team has won the premiership from outside the top 4.

It's all well and good to say that a team "can" win from 5th/6th etc, but the stats are damning.

As Saints showed in '04 coming 5th can mean f*ck all - it can mean an exit in round 1 of the finals ffs.

Good ppoint Will, that being said I would rate us as having a successful year if we made the Top 6 and advanced through to the 2 or 3 week of the semis.

However I would love to have a semi final at Brookvale, so that means finishing in the Top 4.

A semi at Brookvale Oval would be a first - it has never happened. That would be one of my football dreams - especially if we could win.

To be at Telstra for a big one would be another but I might be getting a little ahead of myself. Need to get to the semis first.

Easts won from 4th in '02. Obviously they were only 4th because the Dogs came last, but the point still stands. In the last 11 years no team has won the premiership from outside the top 4.

It's all well and good to say that a team \"can\" win from 5th/6th etc, but the stats are damning.

As Saints showed in '04 coming 5th can mean f*ck all - it can mean an exit in round 1 of the finals ffs.

Exactly. I think having that 2nd chance there is a big benefit/motivation

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4