Story: DCE shouldn’t be the captain, according to one non-Manly legend

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I honestly think that DCE is the best choice as Manly captain right now. He's not only been at the club the longest, but he's also our most experienced player.

In this day and age a team captain on the field has to have a cool head because they are constantly dealing with the refs, and for mine that is where DCE is a much better choice. Jake, for all of his passion just wears his heart on his sleeve way too much. He already gets carried away at times when penalties go against us and the last thing we need as a team is constantly getting marched 10 for backchat every time we give away a penalty. And with some of the things Jake says at those times, if he was captain and saying it to the refs he would spend half of his games in the sin-bin.

Jake will be the future Manly captain, of that I have no doubts at all. But for mine that is still at least 2-3 years away and I'm perfectly happy having Cherry as captain.

I don't remember Geyer ever playing for Manly but a topic for conversation just the same.....

Edit: The position taken in the article is not a view held by the poster.:)

NRL legend and media personality Mark Geyer has called on Manly to make radical changes to shore up the future of the side.

MANLY have endured a horrid run during the 2018 season and now calls are being made for a change in captaincy.

Still reeling from coach Trent Barrett’s decision to walk away from the club at season’s end, a former NRL player has called the struggling side to make drastic changes.

Currently sitting third last on the ladder with only two games remaining in the season it could be a different looking Sea Eagles outfit come 2019.

Former NRL great Mark Geyer has turned the heat up on Daly Cherry-Evans’ captaincy seat.

The emergence of Jake Trbojevic in 2018, along with his brother Tom, has lead Geyer to put them at the top of Manly’s list to shore up the club’s future.

“It’s time for Jake to have the captaincy,” Geyer told Triple M.

Continues at link: https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/d...d/news-story/c4db27402140de678a81747ec6e7047e
G'day all,How sad has it now become that it seems every serial bonehead has to give us their opinion?What are this clowns qualifications again?
cheers mike

I am happy with DCE ... he is one of the few players we have with maturity, experience and character ... happy for Jake to become co-Captain, he deserves the honour ....

However, while not suggesting it ..... many times over the years I have seen cases of bad boys and loose canons chosen to Captain teams .... sometimes it works and the honour of Captaincy has a remarkable positive effect ....

Sometimes you need to look outside the obvious .. like @bob dylan 's Kapow .. (although I thing a condition would be that they are likely to be at the club for a while) .... or even Dylan Walker ....

I am happy with DCE ... he is one of the few players we have with maturity, experience and character ... happy for Jake to become co-Captain, he deserves the honour ....

However, while not suggesting it ..... many times over the years I have seen cases of bad boys and loose canons chosen to Captain teams .... sometimes it works and the honour of Captaincy has a remarkable positive effect ....

Sometimes you need to look outside the obvious .. like @bob dylan 's Kapow .. (although I thing a condition would be that they are likely to be at the club for a while) .... or even Dylan Walker ....

I agree with @Woodsie I think DCE should lead my suggestion was just an altenative.

I think DCE is the best captain. He is the best at talking to the referees and media as well as on field organisation.

Some of Geyers points I agree with - DCE is a great player but his leadership at times ....well I don't say is poor....simply the players around him don't seem to be lifted by what he is saying in the heat of battle.
In saying that, I reckon the bloke tries his guts out every week and is 1 of a handful who does.
His location or whatever is dribble - team mates don't check your license to see where you were born to earn respect.

for mine I think Jake & DCE both play better when not burdened with the captaincy ... Joel Thompson's passion & experience and now finally playing for his favourite club put him in a strong position as a player that could lead our young team into the future ala Ben Kennedy

That's my point - none of those I listed were Manly born and we did OK :D

Geyer's questioning Chez' bloodline is just irrelevant to his captaincy :fubar:

@EaglesDontTweet please edit the Thread Title as MG never played for Manly :shake:

Ah gotcha HM. I read it the wrong way.

And speaking of outsiders, our rise from the ashes was led by Ben Kennedy. He infused the team with incredibly high standards, a brutal winning mindset, and a never say die attitude. And by way of this comparison, I like the idea of Thompson steering the ship as captain.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11