Storm Website

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
Love reading the articles that are written by the official sites after losses. Here is the first few paragraphs of the storms review.

Former Melbourne halfback Matt Orford kicked the winning field goal tonight as the Manly Sea Eagles defeated the Melbourne Storm 13-12 at a packed Brookvale Oval.

It was the only point to be scored by the home side in the second half, but it was enough to see them now take the outright lead in the 2007 Telstra Premiership.

The Storm had a disrupted preparation to the match, with seven players away on State-of-Origin duty for the week leading up to the game.

A new-look line-up took the field with Anthony Quinn slotting into the second-row to cover for the injured Antonia Kaufusi, who suffered a season-ending ruptured patella tendon in his right knee during Wednesday State-of-Origin game in Brisbane. Greg Inglis slotted into the centres while Matt Geyer took his place at five-eighth. Israel Folau started the game on the wing while James Aubusson and Sam Tagataese came into the 17 on the bench.

Melbourne started poorly and the Sea Eagles capitilised on early errors. First Dallas Johnson knocked-on while attempting to play the ball, then minutes later Matt King dropped the ball 20 metres out from Melbourne's line. The ensuing play featured Brett Stewart linking with Chris Hicks, with three desperate Storm defenders unable to push him into the corner post, the Manly winger scoring out wide.

Melbourne couldn't find a rhythm and it was no surprise when Manly increased their lead in the 14th minute. Folau and Michael Robertson contested a booming Matt Orford bomb. Neither player took the ball cleanly and it spilled into clear space in the in-goal area. Anthony Watmough eventually grounded the ball. The Video Referee scrutinised the play and ruled that Robertson had not propelled the ball forward, although his teammates might nickname him Maradona after the Argentine's 'hand of god' goal from the 1986 World Cup when they review the footage on Monday.

If you want to read the rest of the article:
http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/default.asp?sec=1&ssec=1

"Folau flew higher than an Eagle (three of them, to be exact)"

No one even contested it with him, and it was only Matai and Robertson there anyway. And with the Watmough try, as far as I saw it, only Folau got a hand to it (and only one at that, I think).

But apart from that, just a typical, optimistic article :p

Former Melbourne Halfback.

'Hand of God'

I just find it amusing to read subtle excuses.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8