Post-Game Discussion Storm v Manly [Finals 1, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Game Information

Storm
Vs
Sea Eagles
40 Sunshine Coast Stadium
10 Sep 2021 19:50
80th minute

Match Stats

Yup, Des got schooled by Bellamy tonight. Honestly, we all have to agree on that.
He still has a winning record against him. He got schooled in 2007 as well. They are a great side Melbourne - and the ten metre re tonight was non-existent.

Of course i want a win tonight but a loss isn't the end of the world.
We were in that last game against the scum right up to our nips and whatever happens we get a second crack.

Many ways to look at it.

We win tonight the world goes crazy and the radar is shoved right up our arsenal. No hiding and the pressure really goes on the boys.

We loose tonight and the scum are blah blah blah favorites and unbeatable blah blah blah. We put our heads back down and focus.

Best way to beat a champion side is to feel the pain of loosing to them first. Harness that pain and shove it right back up their poop shoot.
Well there's the pain. The humiliation. The reality check.

Let's see if this side is up for the fight or too young and weak in the mind.

4 runs for 25 metres in the second half. I’m stunned as well.
Look, i get that Storm tactics were designed to minimise his impact on the game and they executed bl00dy well... HOWEVER, to see Turbo do absolutely nothing to counteract it apart from ONE determined run onto the ball from 5m out last tackle at the 65th minutes was disturbing. Where was his competitive nature? Where was his determination to at least have a go? I cannot imagine Teddy ever dialling in a performance like that and Turbo showed a real chink in his armour tonight that he will have to learn and build from.

Well I hate saying it but credit to the storm they schooled us in every area of play and made us look a joke at times tonight.

We are so far behind them its not funny.

We as a club in 2022 will need to decide are we wanting to win a premiership and take our game to a whole new level or be happy maybe making the 8.

I fear tonight maybe a watershed moment for the club I love.. not in a good way.

Manly need early points and penetration from the start, i would start with Dylan and he stays on longer if the points and possession are going our way, if the game is a grind and too much defence is exhausting Dylan Jake comes on to tighten up the latter stages.

Jake is too slow and targetted around the ruck like a spot defender, his link plays are only effective if Manly are really dominating.

Well I hate saying it but credit to the storm they schooled us in every area of play and made us look a joke at times tonight.

We are so far behind them its not funny.

We as a club in 2022 will need to decide are we wanting to win a premiership and take our game to a whole new level or be happy maybe making the 8.

I fear tonight maybe a watershed moment for the club I love.. not in a good way.
I don’t, look at this way.

Remember in 2006 , full of youngsters we made our first finals game for almost a decade AND were decimated.

In 2007 we made a GF.

In 2008 we won one.

This is VERY similar

What hurt the most was the care factor. Harper, yeah he had a shocker, but after each incident you could see he was cut about it.

A few of the others gave away a penalty or dropped ball and there didn't seem to be the slightest care about it.

Yes we were schooled, and while disappointing we know we were up against it after the last few weeks, but when you can count on 1 hand the few who gave it their all and didn't just phone it in once the storm got that first try, that's what hurt to watch

Well there's the pain. The humiliation. The reality check.

Let's see if this side is up for the fight or too young and weak in the mind.
I can't see us coming back from that.

Roosters JWH teddy Victor Morris will kill us next week our young players are going to so tough lessons this finals series.

I hate being right but Croker out was a huge huge disruption. We may have stilled lost but not by that margin.

I still say we are 3 years + away from being a competitive side to.really challenge for the title.

That was an absolute train wreck of a performance.

the best player in the comp was no where to be seen. They didn’t contain - he just didn’t show up.

forwards who I rated highly were ineffective and didn’t show up

dce made some dumb decisions

harper was worse than ordinary - Suli needs to come in

experience was a factor

I’ll discipline and drop balls were at an all time high

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12