Storm terrorists - Gallop's gaffe

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Gallop is now getting rightfully hammered for comparing the Storm fans who booed him to ...wait for it ... terrorists.

Gallop is on the way out, imo. The best chance of him hanging on is for both Storm & us to be knocked out before the GF. Otherwise his string of embarrassing acts and decisions will be rehashed ad nauseum in the lead-in and his position will have become untenable. I hope that occurs.

Yeah but Melbourne is still living in a dreamworld where the Club, coach, players and fans still think their cheating should have gone unpunished.

I am no Gallop fan.

Bellamy standing in front of the whole rugby league community at the Dally M's saying his team really won and deserved the premierships that were stripped off them smacks of arrogance. He should have been charged with bringing the game into disrepute for those comments.

Melbourne Storm should still be hanging their heads in shame and be humble about the cheating their scumbag club has done, rather than being hostile and vocal about it.

I have a feeling that after the Storm bow out of this years comp there will be a bit of comeback from the NRL, particularly for Bellamy.

How much more of this fukwit do we have to put up with? Just when you think he couldn't get any worse, the stupid prick stoops even lower. The new independent commission have got to punt this germ,so our game can move forward.

CC he has just offended 14000 league fans in one fell swoop. The reason he's hated by Storm is not because they don't think the club cheated, it was the way the penalties were handed down. In particular, making them play for no points last year. Also his self-righteous stance over the brawl, resulting in the rubbing out of their best forward.

Gallop's argument is the same as what you are saying - 'they are booing me, therefore they must support cheating'. Which is not a logical conclusion. Gallop knows that full well. He's certainly had plenty of time to think about the issue over the last year and a half.

I hope he is ready for 80,000 "terrorists" on GF day when Manly play the Storm. Maybe we can all wear burqas to the GF.
Gallop has admitted he used an 'extreme example'. Does that make him an extremist? Aren't terrorists extremists?

Email the club and ask them if they are endorsing this idiot's bid to be the CEO of the new Independent Commission. Better still, tell them it's a condition of you renewing your membership that you want to know if the MWSE club is happy to have this moron continuing as the face of our game off the field. I for one cannot believe that our club wouldn't be doing anything other than opposing this goose after the way he treated us, and Brett in particular.

Why does everyone just accept it's a fait accompli that this fool gets the top job ? They want true independence from this new board, to the point of excluding some very qualified and capable people on the grounds of some tenuous conflicts of interest, yet they are happy to have this News Limited stooge as the CEO. Why do you think News are pushing so hard for him, and making it a condition of their exit that Gallop gets the job ?

Voice your opinion to the club. Get them to state their position on this matter. Why are they just sitting idly by as this reactionary muppet pinballs from one crisis to another.

This knob is completely incapable of saying sorry or admitting a mistake. On BSS, they beat around the bush waiting for him to admit it was mistake. When he didn't, TK came out and said "So can we say that you regret the comment?" and the clown replied "Given the topical nature, it was an untimely remark". So, if we hadn't just marked the 10th anniversary of 9/11, the remark would have been acceptable? Absolute tool!

NRL chief executive David Gallop has fired an extraordinary salvo at Melbourne Storm fans, likening their behaviour on Sunday to that of terrorists.

On the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, Gallop attacked those among a 14,000-strong crowd at AAMI Park who booed him.

"I never really go for that whole passion line. I mean, terrorists are passionate about what they do and, you know, that doesn't make it right," Gallop said.

"I obviously didn't enjoy it, but I'm absolutely confident we made the right decision."

Gallop told a Crocmedia radio show in Queensland those who booed him were clearly in favour of Melbourne Storm's behaviour in recent years.

"They were involved in large systematic cheating and those people who booed me yesterday, well, they obviously support the cheating that was going on."

When questioned about the use of the term terrorist Gallop did not back down.

"Well, it's a topical one at the moment," he said.

"Passion is a bad excuse and it gets used too much in sport ... Passion isn't something that is an excuse for poor behaviour."

Melbourne Storm were stripped of two NRL premierships for breaching the salary cap.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/nrl-chief-executive-david-gallop-slams-melbourne-storm-fans-who-booed-him-at-aami-park-on-sunday/story-fn2mcuj6-1226135376594

It's about as politically correct as the "Good Sort" statement....but of course two different outcones!!

I couldnt agree more with those comments from Chip & Chase.

Gallop shouldnt be part of the new commission but I cant see how he wont be. The bargaining that has been & still is going on between the game & News Ltd has to many levers and chips in play & too much at stake for gallop not to become the CEO.

The clubs have also expressed their acceptance of gallop as CEO.

The best way forward that i can see if gallop cannot be jetisoned at the time of IC formation then his contract be as short as possible with the least payout if shortened further. At least then the board can suck all the info etc out of him before they implement the punt.

As I've said before, I doubt whether the jerk was ever a fan of the game. He was the News Ltd in-house lawyer at the time of the Super League wars and ran around signing up players. That was about it. News Ltd insisted on a job for him as a part of the truce. Now it's the same with their exit from the game. He's never had to compete for the job.

DSM5 said:
As I've said before, I doubt whether the jerk was ever a fan of the game.

"I never really go for that whole passion line", this comment says it all. Rugby League IS passion and he just doesn't get that.

I think it is fairly obvious that Double Demerit David is a passionate Roosters fan.............or maybe not now that Teflon Toddy has been shown the door.

Kind of makes Zorba's "Good Sort" gaffe seem pretty small now doesn't it

Dean Jones said something similar and got punted from his job

"There's a great expression in rugby league that says 'don't love your club to death."

WTF? Has anyone ever heard that expression before?

bones said:
I hope he is ready for 80,000 "terrorists" on GF day when Manly play the Storm. Maybe we can all wear burqas to the GF.
Gallop has admitted he used an 'extreme example'. Does that make him an extremist? Aren't terrorists extremists?

The funny thing is that wearing a burqa to ANZ stadium on GF night will just look like any regular bulldog game. :D

But I love the idea and what a better way to insult Gallop.

Looking at this a little different

1) the storm fans need to get over what happen just as we need to with the whole brett/gallop thing. We had our chance to give it too him round 25 and they have now had theres everyone moves on.

2) Gallop seems to want to keep the fire burning on these issues, remember he keeps bring up the brett thing and even did so the monday after Donnybrookvale where he was a guest speaker talkin up how good the NRL going. He did the same yesterday. He keeps provoking both clubs and their fans. I get the feel hes a bit like harrigan and likes the limelight.

3) The terriost mention was premediated he even said its topical at the moment (refering to 9/11). It was probably the most disgusting comment I've ever read from a sports adminstrator in our country and for that he should be sacked today. 1000s of innocent people died 10 years ago and for someone in his role to flippantly refer it to being booed at the football game is a disgrace.

Cambo said:
Looking at this a little different

1) the storm fans need to get over what happen just as we need to with the whole brett/gallop thing. We had our chance to give it too him round 25 and they have now had theres everyone moves on.

2) Gallop seems to want to keep the fire burning on these issues, remember he keeps bring up the brett thing and even did so the monday after Donnybrookvale where he was a guest speaker talkin up how good the NRL going. He did the same yesterday. He keeps provoking both clubs and their fans. I get the feel hes a bit like harrigan and likes the limelight.

3) The terriost mention was premediated he even said its topical at the moment (refering to 9/11). It was probably the most disgusting comment I've ever read from a sports adminstrator in our country and for that he should be sacked today. 1000s of innocent people died 10 years ago and for someone in his role to flippantly refer it to being booed at the football game is a disgrace.

I wonder if this is getting any air play over in the US?

Didn't Mundane's comments get some?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6