Storm game last round

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Pete the Hotel Claremont is just up the road from my place. Its only $78 for a double!!! You cant beat that.

Alternatively, I do get cracking rates through work at a lot of hotels in town which I can book people into if they are intersted. PM me and I will give you details.

I can get ramada for $120.

Anyway good luck to those who venture south, unfortunately with my wife pregnant I will have to watch it on the box.
I would suggest that as she she gets further along you will have to watch it on the box even more :lol:

Congratulations btw

Pete the Hotel Claremont is just up the road from my place. Its only $78 for a double!!! You cant beat that.

Alternatively, I do get cracking rates through work at a lot of hotels in town which I can book people into if they are intersted. PM me and I will give you details.

I can get ramada for $120.

Thanks for that Clontaggo, we normally stay at the Rydge's up near Parliament House, not sure of its name but it is within walking distance of the MCG and the tennis centre.

We wont be making a decision until the draw is released as I won't be able to go to a Friday night game.

Not sure where the Ramada is, and as for the Claremont that is very very cheap, what is the normal rack rate for it?

Nah Dannn...I'm not really into the chasing women type scenario like you studs will be doing. I'm an old married man now remember. Plus, I have to make up for being out LAST Sunday.
Apparently - the Winters are having a weekend away to make up for The Penrith game. (Little does Jas know I've organised it for when Manly have the bye...hehehehehe)..

How much do you usually get Rydges for Pete??

The Claremont is basically a back packers mate, I was taking the piss on that one.

How much do you usually get Rydges for Pete??

The Claremont is basically a back packers mate, I was taking the piss on that one.

Don't think we went to Melbourne last year so I really can't remember what it was from the year before. $150.00 a night is generally my limit though when it is on my card, company card and The Windsor is a very nice option.

[quote author=clontaago]
I can get the Grand Hyatt for $150. Rack rate around $450 I think.

is it close to the ground?

if I come I think I will have to bring the GF, will have to see.
[/quote]

About a $2 taxi or 10 min walk Garts.

I hope she knows we have all seen her boobs!!

Thanks for the kind assistance with accomodation costs. Should I ask how or are some things better left unsaid.

We will just have to wait and see now on which day the game is to be playedas to wether it will be possible for us to be attendees, and of course hopefully obtain some el cheapo tix through Virgin.

I love drving long distance though. Road trips friggin rule but yeah lets get smashed on the plane!

Is this the same dan???

I haven't heard that talk from dan since i first became a member ;)

Fark, i wanna go!!

Funds are too tight for me at the moment!!!

I know a few girls down in Melb too.. i could easily hook a few brothers up.. ahahha

I might give one of them a call and if she is willing to pick me up, let me stay at her place and drop me back at the airport i will make it!!

I'll get back to you... anyone know the dates??

Can't be bothered looking it up now

Don't forget the Greyhound Bus Pete

What's a bus?

I hear you are an expectant father. I heard about your type the other day on A Current Affair, having babies just to collect the $4K baby bonus, shame, shame, shame. Imagine a Silvertail such as yourself down at the Centrelink Office collecting your cheque. Love to see a photo of that. Congratulations by the way, hope all goes well.

On a serious note it is about time the NRL gave thought to announcing the seasons draw, including venues and times before the season commences. The AFL do it and from very limited knowledge of that code it does not appear to have any adverse affect on their ability to generate TV income.

As a supporter who likes to attend intra and interstate games it would be a huge bonus to know when these games would be played.

Like many I speak of how it affects my pocket, 2 weeks I could have bought Virgin Tix to Melbourne for $49.00 each way. As it stands today the best I can get is about $109.00 each way. I know it doesn't sound a big difference but with 2 of us travelling the difference in costs is about $240.

Now I know for you Silvertail lot that amount does not mean much but for us poor Eagle Rockers that amount means the difference between staying at the Grand Hyatt or the flea pit mentioned earlier by Clontaggo.

I know it will never happen given the amount of cash being tipped into the NRL coffers by Nine & Foxtel but it does go to show who really runs this game. This is further emphasised with the NRL's decision to return to Monday Night Football next year.

Friday night games are difficult enough for fans to get to, Monday night games will be near impossible.

end of rant...............

I completely agree Pete. It is quite ridiculous to have to wait to make plans to attend ANY NRL game, and sometimes 5 weeks is not enough notice.

For instance, if I'm to make the Bulldogs game I somehow have to wangle out of a day that is generally my busiest of the week.....

I am in the same boat with the Melbourne game. If it is a Friday I have no chance of attending due to work committments. Obvioulsy if it was known at least a week earlier I could have manipulated my schedule so that I could have guarenteed my attendance.

I am more worried about though about the 3 games that will be played next season on either a Friday night or Monday night.

You do not have to be einsten to know that many of these games will involve Manly & games at Brookie.

I HATE going to FNF games and the thought of going to a MNF game is even more abhorrent. It will simply mean that my per capita cost for season tickets has automatically gone in up price, simply because it will be near impossible to attend every FNF & MNF game at Brookvale.

I wonder what compensation the NRL will offer to season tix holders for their greed?

Thanks for the kind assistance with accomodation costs. Should I ask how or are some things better left unsaid.

We will just have to wait and see now on which day the game is to be playedas to wether it will be possible for us to be attendees, and of course hopefully obtain some el cheapo tix through Virgin.

Nah perfectly legit Pete. I work for a very large West Aust energy company. We get cheap everything.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4