Storm brews again & again & Again

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan

:bdh:
ADAM LUCIUS
26oct05

HURRICANE survivor Michael Monaghan will be hit with an unwanted homecoming ``present'' upon his return to Australia - a suspended fine from his club Manly.

Sea Eagles skipper Monaghan, who spent four days fearing for his life after Hurricane Wilma hit the Mexican resort town of Cancun, has been issued with a breach notice for taking his holidays at an inappropriate time.

The club is upset the skipper missed post-season reviews and the annual end-of-season awards function in early October to travel to the US.

Another unnamed senior player, believed to be Shayne Dunley, has also been handed a suspended fine for the same reason.

Manly have strict guidelines regarding leave and spell out the conditions in player handbooks.

Sea Eagles CEO Pat Wilson yesterday confirmed Monaghan had been disciplined.

``It's an internal policy procedure and Michael, along with another senior player, broke the rules by pre-arranging a trip for the first week of October,'' Wilson said.

``It was an oversight on his part and one for which he was very apologetic. That's why we haven't beaten him over the head about it.''

The incident continues a difficult year for Monaghan. The Sea Eagles No 7 was on his way out of the club mid-season before millionaire owner Max Delmege intervened and ordered the captain be re-signed to a new three-year deal.

Since then they have been several reports - all denied by the club - that Manly are keen to release Monaghan before the 2006 season.

The 25-year-old wants to stay but faces a change of position or demotion to the bench in the wake of Matt Orford's arrival.

He could also lose the captaincy.

Meanwhile Monaghan, three fellow NRL players and two friends left Cancun in a hired Kombi van overnight to drive five hours to the nearest open airport. The group hopes to be back home in 48 hours.

The incident continues a difficult year for Monaghan. The Sea Eagles No 7 was on his way out of the club mid-season before millionaire owner Max Delmege intervened and ordered the captain be re-signed to a new three-year deal.

I never knew that was public knowledge now!

Either Mr Lucious reads this site, or the club is trying to leak this out slowly to decrease its impact, remember where you heard it first!

At times I feel sorry for Monas - I wouldn't like to be in his shoes when training starts.

How many more times can this bloke show just how much of a club man he is?

I don't feel too sorry for him. He's got a fat new contract, enjoying life in G_d's Country, about to be playing alongside The Ox which will relieve him of having to do it all, and is still Captain of the greatest team of all!

Best of luck to him in 2006 - I hope he has a barnstorming year.

Rules = Rules.
I want to take 255 sickies a year...is that cool because I am captain.

GET REAL PEOPLE !!!

Fair enough he got fined, he deserves it. However, people ripping into him for missing it have to ask themselves if they'd planned a trip overseas would they cancel it to spend time with Zorba and the Rockers?

I can't imagine the awards night was sprung on him at the last minute.

If he is the captain, he should accept the responsibility that goes with it. He hasn't, so he should be replaced.

He is becoming a very poisonous presence at Manly.

Fair enough he got fined, he deserves it. However, people ripping into him for missing it have to ask themselves if they'd planned a trip overseas would they cancel it to spend time with Zorba and the Rockers?

Good point :clap:

What a load of ****. I cant believe some people are defending him. The award night would... **** it, I cant be bothered typing anymore about this little turd.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4