Storm add to feeder clubs for 2024

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well its not as if Manly haven't had 20 years to make something from the entire northern half of Sydney as the only NRL club. The same area on the southern side of Sydney contains Souths, Dogs, Roosters, Dragons and Wests Tigers. What a waste. Never gone past the Spit Bridge.

So instead of having the entire region from the Sydney Harbour up to Gosford including Chatswood to Hornsby we have Blacktown. What an absurd joke this club has become that we made all efforts to alienate that entire region instead of buying them out.

Yes. The insular peninsula. Might just have been a little too insular for its own good on this one. It might seem a long way off at present, but the time will come where decreasing NRL teams is back on the agenda. It is a case of expand your supporter base or die.

So instead of having the entire region from the Sydney Harbour up to Gosford including Chatswood to Hornsby we have Blacktown. What an absurd joke this club has become that we made all efforts to alienate that entire region instead of buying them out.
Greater Western Sydney Eagles

Well its not as if Manly haven't had 20 years to make something from the entire northern half of Sydney as the only NRL club. The same area on the southern side of Sydney contains Souths, Dogs, Roosters, Dragons and Wests Tigers. What a waste. Never gone past the Spit Bridge.
I wonder if the NRL made it off limits for Manly to have any juniors coming from below the spit bridge as retribution for not adopting the Northern Eagles brand and somehow made it so we could only take the lesser names from Western Sydney

I’m sure many a Bears power broker would sooner die than co exist with Manly again. It doesn’t just go one way. But as a club they just had to do better in that Greater North Sydney area for years. In the words of Sun Tzu “Keep your friends close; keep your enemies closer.

You have to take your hat off to Frank and the Storm. Where Manly as a club seem to fail to achieve. The Storm just seem to make it work. First Sunshine Coast. Now North Sydney. If the get their hands on Blacktown, pretty good chance we will be a NSW Cup only club.

Norths have been a feeder club for the Storm before, I remember Billy Slater being dropped to them for a game in the mid-2000s.

I’m sure many a Bears power broker would sooner die than co exist with Manly again. It doesn’t just go one way. But as a club they just had to do better in that Greater North Sydney area for years. In the words of Sun Tzu “Keep your friends close; keep your enemies closer.

You have to take your hat off to Frank and the Storm. Where Manly as a club seem to fail to achieve. The Storm just seem to make it work. First Sunshine Coast. Now North Sydney. If the get their hands on Blacktown, pretty good chance we will be a NSW Cup only club.
The real possibility would be if the NRL decide to grow a new club in the Central Coast and cull Manly as the Sydney team that needs to go. The new Central Coast would keep their juniors and probably have the financial backing of John Singleton and the Storm / Roosters will eat into Manly's local competition as another feeder club.

The real possibility would be if the NRL decide to grow a new club in the Central Coast and cull Manly as the Sydney team that needs to go. The new Central Coast would keep their juniors and probably have the financial backing of John Singleton and the Storm / Roosters will eat into Manly's local competition as another feeder club.
Yes indeed.

And an already built stadium to play out of, just sitting there idle too. No 10s or 100s of millions in government up grades, or state government backing for a state of the art build from the ground up needed, before an NRL licence gets granted.

It’s all just sitting there waiting.

It’s one of the reasons why, Just may, a few of the manly fans amongst us need to just take a breath every time the club talks about taking a home home game or four away from Brookie every so often. A couple at the Central Coast, Mudgee, Brisbane. Perth. Now it’s US of A.

I get the outrage, there is less games to attend. Brookie is less travel it’s closer for Manly. We called the Manly ha hum Manly (Warrinagah ;-)) Sea Eagles etc.

Having had the pain of having lost our identity and existence once. The club not being able to afford to play in the top level on its own. Not helped by just how bad the Beagles were and that Jersey design:-(((( Is it really impossible to fathom it could happen again?

And by focusing on how our club hasn’t done enough near it’s own back yard I’m not suggesting having an interest in Blacktown is bad either. It is a game of expand or die. Attract investments or die. And we need to have interest in all IMO.

Those geographical opportunities. North Sydney. Central Coast. There may well be a risk in associating with such areas for our tribal cultured club. And it’s real locals and the fan based is pissed off if less games are played at Brookie. Every club has a home.

But don’t have an interest, in North Sydney, Central Coast and someone else will. And that my friends may well be a much higher risk than the alternative.

As a club it’s not just what you do. It’s how the club does it.

We also had the Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles as a feeder club. That is where DCE played for 12 months before he made first grade.
The Sunshine Coast club is now the feeder club to Melbourne Storm as well.

What a joke we are.

We also had the Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles as a feeder club. That is where DCE played for 12 months before he made first grade.
The Sunshine Coast club is now the feeder club to Melbourne Storm as well.

What a joke we are.
Manly were forced to drop Sunshine Coast. A ruling came out that all (I presume Sydney) clubs had to have a reserve grade team in the NSWRL comp.

Alternate universe:

"Manly now have Norths as a feeder club."

Silvertails: "Outrage, what a joke of a club this is, pairing up with our mortal enemy!!!!!!"

"What do we want? - Sack everyone!"
"What do we offer? - No solutions!!!!"

lulz

Well at least we know the Storm have partnered with the Bears before and the sky didn’t fall in. Despite our own club’s blinkered ineptitude when it comes to expanding the brand (and on several other fronts really).

The opportunity still remains to recruit players from the NS junior league, who still partner up with our own juniors. Like Manly did with Foran.

And really there is no way the Bears would want to become our feeder club.

Interesting about Dempsey. I wouldn’t be surprised if he is friends with Ponissi. Dempsey has been a talent scout for the Squall for years. Dempsey has also been involved with the Belrose Eagles (A-Grade coach) over the years since the Bears demise.

I wonder if the NRL made it off limits for Manly to have any juniors coming from below the spit bridge as retribution for not adopting the Northern Eagles brand and somehow made it so we could only take the lesser names from Western Sydney
No. The NRL have no say over footy below the NRL level. It is the NSWRL. But the NSWRL equally can't tell its clubs where the juniors are to feed into a NRL club. Many NSWRL clubs don't have any NRL club connections at all.

Nothing stopping Manly doing school visits and shopping centres and signing members in all of the Bears area and the Central Coast or anywhere else on the planet.

The only thing the NRL did when the Beagles folded in late 2001 was to demand that Manly played in the NRL 2002 season under the name Northern Eagles. The 2002 Northern Eagles players are actually Manly players, but the NRL stats won't allow Manly to recognise them.

NRL has reduced (robbed) Beaver's Manly records for games by 22 and tries by 11.

And other Manly players like Kosef, Reeves and King

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4