Stop the Clock when play has stopped, like they do in AFL.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Status Quo

Reserve Grader
It infuriates and frustrates me when the Clock keeps ticking whilst we all wait for a scrum to pack.
When the Referee blows their whistle for a knock-on or a forward pass or a penalty or a Captain's Challenge, for any reason, and the play has stopped, they should stop the Clock.
I haven't timed it exactly though I estimate that the fan, the viewer and the Players lose 10 minutes of play per half.
Another stoppage of the Clock should be when a Try is scored, then re-started when the Conversion is kicked.
Letting the Clock keep ticking is very amateur.
When the Referee does stop the Clock it tends to be a very late after thought.

If you are the team leading by a small margin with 3 minutes to go, then you want the Clock to keep ticking.
Though if you are the team trailling by a small margin with 3 minutes to go, then you want the Clock to stop.

Rugby League needs a neutral party to 'stop the Clock' and more importantly, to rule on Forward Passes and all the other illegal things that the Roosters did to 'win' the 2013 Grand Final.
OPSM would like to know where the Referees and Touch Judges are looking when all these rules are broken.

I particularly hate it when a team scores a Try after a blatant Forward Pass, as the Dragons did tonight in Wollongong.

Would anyone have wanted today's **** show to last any longer?
Another 10 minutes and we may have won the game.
Our defence was OK, it was our points scoring that was in disarray for most of the game.
Another 10 minutes and ...............

Please explain.

You yourself have estimated that we lose 10 minutes every half, in your original post.

That's 20 minutes per game, according to your good self.

With 3 games on a normal Super Saturday on Fox, that's an extra hour you need to find in the programme to allow for an extra 20 minutes of screen time per game.

Now, I know I said start at midday or end at midnight, which was clearly a gross exaggeration, but I'm sure you get my drift.

I agree. For years the NRL have been so focused on speeding up the game so fans get 'more footy' but the reality is, we waste so much time with the clock counting down and the ball out of play. It's simple really, if they're not playing, the clock should stop.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8