Stop living in the past

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MPC75

Reserve Grader
I think a few us need to let go of last year and focus on what we have this year. Comparing this year to last is not relevant. We don't have the same coach, we don't have Robbo, Hopoate and Rodney. In my opinion these are big differences.

Totally different circumstances this year and blaming this year's performance on the coach is very harsh.

I think a few of us are just realizing that Hasler was a bigger loss then first thought. To say Losing Hasler has had no impact on our bad performances this year would be a brave statement imo. We still have a star studded lineup full of talent even with our injuries.

Exactly Torana - we had Lyon, Williams, Williams, Foran, DCE, Watmough, King, Ballin, Kite, Buhrer & co. there. Most teams would dream of a nucleus of that.

Also, our depth is as good as anyone's actual FIRST grade team in my opinion.

I think people have to / should rate our players more. We aren't giving them enough credit imo.

That's why I come up with the "culture" change and support cast as to why a group like this can falter.

There is no point living on past glories.

And I agree on the enormity of losing Hasler. He may have been hard to get on with, but the board didn't play by his rules and didn't lock him in. He took the money and he would by chuckling to himself right about now I'm guessing.

If we are fair dinkum, we have to show up next Friday and wipe the smile from his face. And we better get involved in the fight if we want to win. All this throwing the ball wide crap before we've gotten a roll on will get us thumped.

We had plenty of ordinary performances the year before last, Hasler was coach and that same nucleus of talent was there. How do you explain that?

Toov's has had a tough initiation and I am not so sure Des would have us in a better position.

We are in the top 8 and fighting for top the top 4! I think given we have a new coach we are going strong. We will be a serious competitor for the grand final. Think about the other clubs that have had a change in coaches; Newcastle, penrith and parramatta and two of these teams are in their second year with theses coaches and still struggling to find their feet, Give 2V a break.

Everyone keeps going on about how awesome the Dog's ordinary squad is doing. Remember this is pretty much the same squad Moore took to within one game of a GF appearance. They have heaps of fwd power Graham, Kasiano, Tolman, Pritchard, Eastwood, Halatau, Stagg and speed in the backline Barba, Morris etc. They have a very good squad, better than most other NRL teams. Hasler is doing well but the constant talking down of the Bulldogs squad is way off the mark.

Kevinward777 said:
Everyone keeps going on about how awesome the Dog's ordinary squad is doing. Remember this is pretty much the same squad Moore took to within one game of a GF appearance. They have heaps of fwd power Graham, Kasiano, Tolman, Pritchard, Eastwood, Halatau, Stagg and speed in the backline Barba, Morris etc. They have a very good squad, better than most other NRL teams. Hasler is doing well but the constant talking down of the Bulldogs squad is way off the mark.
Agree 100% on this. Add Inu to the mix and they are pretty strong across the park.

Kevinward777 said:

Exactly!! Theyre a quality half short of a premiership. Whether Hasler is coach or not.

simon64 said:
If we are fair dinkum, we have to show up next Friday and wipe the smile from his face. And we better get involved in the fight if we want to win. All this throwing the ball wide crap before we've gotten a roll on will get us thumped.

Spot on Simon. We don't want to get into the fight against some of the so called lesser sides. We go out expecting to just throw it around and the tries will come. Well we aren't like that as a team and haven't been for many years.Our successs comes from the armwrestle and wearing down our opponents then going in for the kill. Forwards charging it up and bending back their line and then quick play the balls to catch them left or right. Our props were pretty ineffective tonight as has been the case in these losses to teams we should beat. Attitude is our biggest problem this year and it is going to be our downfall if they don't change their thinking. The ability and quality to win is there it's a question of are their heads together enough to do it.
Is 2V giving them the right gameplan when we play these lesser teams or are the players not listening?

People we are ALL obviously upset & disappointed with today's result and we couldn't believe what we were watching. But most important are we going to make the finals ?? This comp is really close and for/against may determine 4th spot to 8th spot.
Though most concerning is our run home we have not in order - dogs, broncos , warriors , souths , cowboys. Plus the others
Now this is not easy !!! I feel that we have a bigger problem in front of us other than tonight. I'm not saying we can't and on paper more than capable but this is a fact & a concern. At the end of the day it's no good trying to find who's the fault but rather find a solution really quick. I think top 4 for us is gone.

Des didn't go so good in 2009 and 10 without Brett and too many injuries throughout the year.

Still, of course he is a great coach, and i'll see how Toovs goes with the team when manly can be full strength for longer periods.

I'd love to know what Manly's winning percentage is when both Stewart boys are out. I would think it's not very high.
I'd love to know what Manly's winning percentage is when they both play. I would think it's quite high.
I'd love to know Hasler's winning percentage during his time at Manly when both Stewart boys were out, compared to when they both played. I stand to be corrected, but I imagine it would be fairly similar to Tooveys.

Couldnt be happier with Tooves results after the nightmare circumstances when handed the coaching gig.
If not for Tooves PLENTY of other gun players would have jumped ship & this season would be a rabble - almost like 2009 when....Hasler was coach???
Theres always going to be a few ordinary games like any season & though last night the boys were outenthused - not outplayed - the Knights would have beaten most sides on that particular performance.
No need to witchhunt Tooves just yet - could have egg on your face after the Dogs game.

MPC75 said:
We had plenty of ordinary performances the year before last, Hasler was coach and that same nucleus of talent was there. How do you explain that?

Toov's has had a tough initiation and I am not so sure Des would have us in a better position.

There are just some people on here who think they are super coaches like Ryan who would be doing a better job than Toovey, but in all honestly, just pisses me off to hear knitwits like this ripping into the coach every week and writing how we should be doing better and these losses are unacceptable. Im disappointed we lost, but still think we will take it out with a full strength side and Manly still have than team spirit and mentality, we haven't lost it just cause Des isn't there. Watch them go in the semis, you will see how good we are and Ryan and co will have egg on their face!

MK Eagle said:
Couldnt be happier with Tooves results after the nightmare circumstances when handed the coaching gig.
If not for Tooves PLENTY of other gun players would have jumped ship & this season would be a rabble - almost like 2009 when....Hasler was coach???
Theres always going to be a few ordinary games like any season & though last night the boys were outenthused - not outplayed - the Knights would have beaten most sides on that particular performance.
No need to witchhunt Tooves just yet - could have egg on your face after the Dogs game.

I'm with you mate. True supporters!

Tooves was the right guy at the time and only time will tell if he continues along that path. I think he deserves a fair shot at it, the same as Hasler had.

I remember watching the WCC in 2009 (actually I've still got it on the IQ box) where they say we were building a dynasty. All the things that happened after are history now but Hasler wasn't able to find a way to go back to back. So why should we expect Toovey is his 1st year as head coach to achieve something that hasn't been done since 1993? Even Bellamy with his illegal superstar team wasn't able to do it.

Last nights game is in the past and all we can do is look ahead to the next match on Friday. In Tooves I trust.

Simonmyers11 said:
MPC75 said:

There are just some people on here who think they are super coaches like Ryan who would be doing a better job than Toovey, but in all honestly, just pisses me off to hear knitwits like this ripping into the coach every week and writing how we should be doing better and these losses are unacceptable. Im disappointed we lost, but still think we will take it out with a full strength side and Manly still have than team spirit and mentality, we haven't lost it just cause Des isn't there. Watch them go in the semis, you will see how good we are and Ryan and co will have egg on their face!

MK Eagle said:

I'm with you mate. True supporters!

True supporter - haven't heard this old chestnut for a while!

The mood of the team these days seems very much in tune with the mood of the supporters. There have been several games this year where many of us have had misgivings and thoughts of getting done against so called inferior opposition and it has come true. There have also been just as many instances of positivity and we will win attitudes against supposed superior opposition and we have won. Last night was a classic example when we heard of so many players either out or flu ridden. It's the first time I have ever bet money against Manly. I know that this week will be vastly different. The supporters will be fired up and confident and so will the players. This is our time to put last night behind us and show everyone who the premiers really are. The dogs are in for it next fri I can feel it already.

bones said:
I'd love to know what Manly's winning percentage is when both Stewart boys are out. I would think it's not very high.
I'd love to know what Manly's winning percentage is when they both play. I would think it's quite high.
I'd love to know Hasler's winning percentage during his time at Manly when both Stewart boys were out, compared to when they both played. I stand to be corrected, but I imagine it would be fairly similar to Tooveys.

Hit the nail on the head Bones, Snake and to a lesser extent Gift missing brings us back to the field. Brett's ability to both score and stop points can not be underestimated.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2