Stocktake

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
What a ****ing **** time of year !! For the next 2 days gotta count our warehouse and it is going to be a nightmare yet again

Stocktake sucks.

You should play a game of " how much can I siphon off into my garage without getting caught"

Get off your bums and do cyclic counts. They have been successfully managing inventory for close on 30 years! Stocktake accuracy is around 85% (if you are lucky) to minimum 97% up to 99+% for cyclic counts. For every mistake found there have been two transaction errors, and it compounds because the cause hasn't been fixed.

Boss wouldn't have any part of that MB, instead of closing once a year for 2 days he'd have to close 3-4 times a year for 2 days at a time, wouldn't make my job any easier either lol. Day 1 completed and another day of it to go, then the madness of catch up afterwards

KE, the idea is to NEVER close the operation.

Most organisations spend about 15 to 30 minuters each day counting a random selection, or preferably using a classification system where the most important and/or most valuable items are counted more frequently and the insignificant ones maybe only twice a year. It enables processing errors to be identified early and fixed.

It can be used in ANY warehouse and only depends on the transaction s/w you use. Here is a bit more
http://www.jpolls.net/inventory-management-to-gain-control-of-inventory-cycle-counting.html

Deadset, yearly stocktakes show that no one gives a stuff about accuracy or the impact of it being wrong.

ManlyBacker said:
KE, the idea is to NEVER close the operation.

Most organisations spend about 15 to 30 minuters each day counting a random selection, or preferably using a classification system where the most important and/or most valuable items are counted more frequently and the insignificant ones maybe only twice a year. It enables processing errors to be identified early and fixed.

It can be used in ANY warehouse and only depends on the transaction s/w you use. Here is a bit more
http://www.jpolls.net/inventory-management-to-gain-control-of-inventory-cycle-counting.html

Deadset, yearly stocktakes show that no one gives a stuff about accuracy or the impact of it being wrong.

Actually I think that has been mentioned before but they decided that it wouldn't work for us

Completed it today, glad its over for another year, now to get absolutely smashed with orders next week

your princesses
when i was at pizza hut I had to do a full stock count every tuesday morning before the store opened ;)

6 slices of pepperoni, 12 olives, 23 pineapple chunks, .........

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2