Sticky end for Broncos

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
I have nothing against Ivan but LET IT BE SO. Any Donkey loss would become just even more enjoyable. So enjoyable it may actually be wrong,

"DANIEL Anderson's sacking at the Parramatta Eels has created a bizarre game of coaching musical chairs that could pave the way for Ricky Stuart to become coach of the Brisbane Broncos next year.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal Kiwi Test coach Kearney - who Parramatta is about to sign - was also in the sights of the Brisbane Broncos, where Ivan Henjak's job is shaky and under review.

The Parramatta Eels were in serious danger of missing out on Kearney to the Broncos if they had not sacked Anderson immediately at Sunday night's emergency board meeting.

Now, former Sharks coach Stuart is in contention for the Broncos job should their board and new CEO - tipped to be Gene Miles - decide to remove Henjak.

Daily Telegraph  ... link added
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/anderson-sacking-may-clear-way-for-ricky-stuart-to-coach-the-brisbane-broncos-in-2011/story-e6frexnr-1225930129874

To be fair, his roster at The Sharks was horrid. When he had a decent roster, he won a GF. Apparently, he demands a lot of his players, and I'm ok with that. He holds them accountable.

That being said, I'd never swap him for Dessie ! LOL

I can't believe Parra got rid of Anderson when the issue clearly isn't the coach there.

Henjack has done a good job with a young team up there, and only missed out on the finals because of key injuries, though not playing Lockyer when he said he wanted to play may cost him.

Sticky however has only a record of taking good teams and turning them to crap. He was handed the reigns at the Roosters of a top flight team who were still basically coached by Phil Gould. He won a premiership then they fell to pieces, he took an origin team that should have won easily and managed to coach them to a loss starting our current run of losses.

Then finally he took the Sharks, promising to make them great and they were on a decent run. He got them to 3rd then took them straight to last.

His record is one of taking teams backwards

Not to mention his efforts in losing the World Cup!

I think in judging a coach you can't look at their first year... They get what they are given in terms of playing roster etc... The next few years is where they can be judged... Once they have been able to adjust their roster and get their team processes in place... This is why Stuart is useless... Look at Brian Smith... say what you want about his coaching grand final choking but he has brought a team that was out of control into a grand final within 2 years! Got rid of a bit of dead wood (e.g. Willie Mason) and recruited well (e.g. Todd Carney) Henjak may fall victim to a club being run by players not coaching staff.. but in my opinion he should be given another year or two... Cowboys are in a similar position with their senior players basically runnning the show.. with thurston and tonga and a few others...

Moondog link said:
Why would they chase Stuart. His record in the coaching dept. speaks for itself!
they finished equal on points with us & storm  in 08  when ricky has the personnel  he is a good coach..

lol yeah the world cup loss  was disappointing  he had good personnel there,

jjai link said:
[quote author=Moondog link=topic=185508.msg298375#msg298375 date=1285622149]
Why would they chase Stuart. His record in the coaching dept. speaks for itself!
they finished equal on points with us & storm  in 08  when ricky has the personnel  he is a good coach..
[/quote]

So what of his Origin and World cup records?

I would argue he had the best personnel at that point!

Look at the positives guys... Broncos would be easybeats! hahahaha 2 years in a row of missing finals footy... Would be great to see that!!!!

Dan link said:
[quote author=jjai link=topic=185508.msg298473#msg298473 date=1285639928]
[quote author=Moondog link=topic=185508.msg298375#msg298375 date=1285622149]
they finished equal on points with us & storm  in 08  when ricky has the personnel  he is a good coach..
[/quote]So what of his Origin and World cup records?

I would argue he had the best personnel at that point!
[/quote]yeah i knw dan maybe he didnt have enough time to mould them  to his style of play but you can see when he has a good offseason with his players & has good players what he can accomplish..

I couldnt imagine manly doing this which makes me more proud of our club

Andersons sacking is a joke,but the players seemed disinterested
Stuart isnt a terrible coach when he has players with heart
Henjak is also another joke,17 finals series in a row or something like that and they miss a single series missing theyre top line centre for the entire year and the knives are out for him,theyre year was not much worse than ours

Ricky can't coach imo. He consistently uses a clear-cut talent in the wrong way and blunts it. He is an egotistic disaster.

The sight of his surly face suffering a loss is worth the ticket price. LET IT BE SO. The donkeys deserve him and the misery that comes with him.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4