Stewart OUT

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Facts are simple.

2015 Fullbacks on big salaries Run Metres per game for the season. I am not a big stats man but in modern footy how you start a set often determines momentum

Brett Stewart 68 (58 this year)
Billy Slater 114
GI 145
James Tedesco 147(167 this year)
Josh Dugan 185(243 this year)
RTVS 243
Struggled to find all 2016 data and Matt Moylan but I'm sure he is near the top.

650K you be the judge.All the others 2 to 4 times better.And with figures like that he is not making line breaks or supporting the ball carrier to add metres like he used to. Kick returns are also a great measure of attitude and intensity which is the major problem coming from a senior player.

He has never been a great kick returner but these figures are simply terrible given the way the game is played now. Our forwards will always struggle for momentum when the kick returner meekly surrenders with a slow play the ball as they travel further to get back in the line.

snake has simply taken the sea eagles for ride since his brother was shown the door, its very very obvious. both on and off the filed.

Gee you guys are tough. One of our best ever and you want to sink the slipper in when he is struggling. Remember how well we were going early in the year without him ? I'm not prepared to write him off yet, I don't think he is fully fit which is the problem. I hope he throws a bit of egg on some faces
I'm with you mate. Disgusted how people want to lay the boot in to one of our clubs greatest ever players.

He's been down on form but who hasn't this year for manly.

Form is temporary, class is permanent he will be back to his best and some of you clowns will be running for cover.

Somehow, I think that he and a couple of others have an obligation to "create" some form and LEAD... (injuries not withstanding)

This thread is a pretty sad one IMO. The truth is we don't know why Snake's out of form but we know he's had plenty of injuries which would greatly affect his speed. We don't know his mindset, while many are claiming he's disinterested. Can you read his mind? There is no proof he or anyone else has done anything wrong in this latest scandal.
Now we have a thread with 21 agrees talking about axing one of our greats. Sending him to reserves.
Many players made mistakes and didn't set the world on fire on Saturday.
It sounds like I'm in the minority here but I sincerely hope Snake finds some injury free form and finishes his career with us on a high.

We understand that he is out off form and all hope he turns it around.
What we are concerned about is his shear lack of interest. He doesn't Evan want to kick return but rather give it to his wingers who, a lot of the time are in a worst field position than he is.
It's not a good look when your happy for your team mate to be belted so you avoid contact. Lets hope he goes well this weekend.

Its obvious to everyone watching he is out of form. He has slowed down, hampered by injuries and is just getti g old. Manly have tried to nurse him through the past 3-4 seasons now ever since he did his knee twice. Add the hamstrings and atm only trains once a week so he can recover. Mainly because how important he has been to the team over the past 10 years.

Without doubt easily the most influential player in team. Easily! He has been so important to the team i guess the coaches are still holding out he can add something to this current side.

Personally i dont think he is disinterested, i think he is struggling with form, managing an injury, down on confidence and above all he is just getting old. He hasn't much left to do in the game. Won 2 gfs, world club challenge, 4 grandfinals, nsw, Australia honours etc etc.

What i see is at the start of matches he is fired up but if we get behhind, a long way behind his intensity and desire drops. But you see that with a lot of players in there final years. If the scores are very close game on the line its a different brett.

But he isn't the player he once was just comes with old ages and injuries. And he is so brittle now. Hardly runs the ball and hasn't even offered that second ball player in the backline. Its a shame because he is without doubt one of the all time manly greats.

Just hope he can finish the season stronger than he is playing now.

Brett is not out of form just his limitations as a player are being exposed more due to a lack of ball players on his inside (both sides) setting up the opportunities for Brett to pick and choose when to inject himself into the back line.

Last year with Foran and DCE still playing on either side for the most part (but yes starting to float around with more freedom at times) there was still a ballplayer on his inside playing to a back-line structure to bring him in to play.

Now with all the new halves pairings lacking time and experience together, only able to play with a basic structure for various reasons, DCE not locked in to a far right corridor as often as the past or playing off the back of second man short side plays, Brett's opportunities to pick and choose when to inject himself are very limited.

All this talk about Brett being a ball player was way over the top and taking away the value of his brother on his inside and Foran setting him up to finish off back-line plays (they were the ball-playing class along with DCE not Brett)

I wouldn't be looking into his kick return numbers to gauge his level of interest or attitude as they have always been poor, but at his age his footy smarts should shine through and get himself involved with more touches in other areas of the field that are about a fast football brain not just fast hands on the edges.

To me the most disappointing aspect of his game is for all his years in the game he should be displaying more footy smarts/footy speed and get his hands on the ball in more areas----just jogging to the left or right back-line spread corridor waiting for a second man play is not good enough.

Yes Manly could do with better kick return numbers which help out every set of six but in the past we compensated for Brett's weakness in this area with David Williams, Taufua and Matai making inroads in the early tackles now this weakness is being exposed a lot more.

Plain and simple, lacks the exhilarating speed to make something out of nothing like his earlier years (beautiful to watch back then), never was a ball player, never had footwork, lacks size and power, so if Brett is not bringing any footy smarts to the table he is just making up the numbers.

Fans keep harping on about the win ratio and performances over the years with Brett at FB, this should be the case when he has been a big part of our structured well drilled and orchestrated plays for years along with his experience at the back marshaling the troops.

Without change and allowing another FB time in the position Brett will always be the better option and offering more wins----doesn't make it the right option unless you only care about the present.

I still have my fears of Tom ending up being an Inglis at FB where he gets exhausted doing forward like hit ups, plays injured due to all the grinding hit up plays, or fatigued at the wrong times of the game, its not like he has a big all round skill set on display(at the moment---- he does show glimpses though) other than his size and speed but he goes looking for the ball and gets his numbers up, which Brett isn't doing.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7