Stewart OUT

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think when fit Brett is still our top # 1. My concern with putting Tom Turbo too soon to the # 1 is the impact it will have on his body, the last thing we need is for him to get hurt. We've seen Latrell Mitchell play well this year, but he is a fair bit bigger than Tom T. I think the bigger issue with Brett is that he's lost a bit of motivation this year. His good mates Choc and Foz no longer at the club. Ballin gone. Glenn overseas. And he's seen age impact Matai and Lyon. So it's probably a mental thing with Brett as much as physical.
Tom is one of the biggest fullbacks in the comp. He takes forward-like hit-ups. You don't see Snake or Walker putting their bodies on the line like Turbojet.

And he's earned that right.

Next Week (with injuries considered):

1.'Turbo Jet' Trbojevic
2. Willy 'The Army'
3.'Twinkle Toes' Walker
4.'Shoulders' Matai
5.'Give Me' Mead
6.T.Barrett (Captain Coach)
7.'Apey' Korisau
8.'Penalties' Lussick
9. M. 'Duracell' Parcell
10.'Plods' Myles
11. Vave 'Las Vegas'
12.'Torpedo' Taupau
13.Jake 'The Jake' Trbojevic

Mascot: "Slippery" Stewart
Assistant Mascot: A.Whatawoteva
Advisor to Assistant Mascot: Kevin Foreverme
Mascot Sponsors: Wharf Hotel and Marlboro

Something I noticed was when Killer came off injured, apparently Myles was captain - as evidenced by him being at the press conference.
Once upon a time when Killer use to come off injured, didn't Stewart become captain (if my memory serves me correctly). If so, with Myles usually not playing 80 minutes, shouldn't it have been natural for Stewart to be captain, if it were normal circumstances?

Something I noticed was when Killer came off injured, apparently Myles was captain - as evidenced by him being at the press conference.
Once upon a time when Killer use to come off injured, didn't Stewart become captain (if my memory serves me correctly). If so, with Myles usually not playing 80 minutes, shouldn't it have been natural for Stewart to be captain, if it were normal circumstances?

Dunno about the press conferences bit - i've seen a few different players front them eg Lewis Brown

I think when fit Brett is still our top # 1. My concern with putting Tom Turbo too soon to the # 1 is the impact it will have on his body, the last thing we need is for him to get hurt. We've seen Latrell Mitchell play well this year, but he is a fair bit bigger than Tom T.

Latrell Mitchell is 1.93 mts and 104 kgs. Tom T is 1.94 mts and 102 kgs. Almost identical and Latrell is almost a year younger. Tom T. will learn his skills playing the role that suits him. I'm happy with him being centre or full back, but I also think he's ready for either.

I'm not going to knock a champion. Yes he had a shocker last night but remember all the joy he's given us. No one knows the full story.

Our coaching staff and Bozo need to wear some of the blame.

People on here are quick to write off players but let's face it the team hasn't fired all year so who do we blame.

I think when fit Brett is still our top # 1. My concern with putting Tom Turbo too soon to the # 1 is the impact it will have on his body, the last thing we need is for him to get hurt. We've seen Latrell Mitchell play well this year, but he is a fair bit bigger than Tom T. I think the bigger issue with Brett is that he's lost a bit of motivation this year. His good mates Choc and Foz no longer at the club. Ballin gone. Glenn overseas. And he's seen age impact Matai and Lyon. So it's probably a mental thing with Brett as much as physical.

For the record.....

Tom Trbojevic - 194 cm, 102 kg
Latrell Mitchell - 193 cm, 106 kg

I wouldn't say Mitchell is a fair bit bigger than Tom. He's 1 cm shorter and only 4 kg's heavier. For mine they are roughly the same size, Mitchell just looks stockier and Tom, despite putting on about 6 or 7 kg's this year still looks like a string bean due to his height.

I'm not going to knock a champion. Yes he had a shocker last night but remember all the joy he's given us. No one knows the full story.

People on here are quick to write off players but let's face it the team hasn't fired all year so who do we blame.

I think we all want to remember him as the champion he once was, however if these poor performances by him continue much longer unfortunately it will be the poor performances we will remember him for

I think we all want to remember him as the champion he once was, however if these poor performances by him continue much longer unfortunately it will be the poor performances we will remember him for
Wayne Bennett is right when he guides players to retire a year early than late. I ain't going to give the snake the white boots treatment. I'll remember him at his best. But I just wish they'd know when that time is and when it's gone.

Good point. I am not really sure who was captain when Jamie came off . Last year certainly it would have been snake.
This will be Jamie's first stint on the sidelines this year I think.

I'm not sure about being tapped on the shoulder etc etc but looking at the game the other night:......

When Tom made his second big break and almost got to the tryline, initially you could see snake start off in support. Then the camera stayed with tom who was eventually taken out by their fullback.

It looked like snake gave up. Not giving an option for tom to kick infield or pass.

But...did anyone see if that was the case? Snake may have been taken out?

I also wonder if he's helping tom out with 'defensive reads for a fullback?' If tom is the heir apparent, hopefully snake is passing on some pearls of wisdom.

Myles was there as the Presser was going to be all about the alleged fix, in which Snake is implicated.

Snake rarely turns up to the pressers when he is captain. Still has issues with some reporters.

We will have a new captain this week as Killer is rumoured to be out for 4 weeks :(

I don't think you can blame the coaching staff for Stewarts lack of interest on the field letting his team mates down.
But you can blame them if they leave him there.

His form has been way off, no doubt, but I think something that certainly would be a factor is the frame of mind he may be in with what is now going on within the media, but more importantly if he has indeed been tapped on the shoulder and told he's not wanted next year.

I'm not sure about being tapped on the shoulder etc etc but looking at the game the other night:......

When Tom made his second big break and almost got to the tryline, initially you could see snake start off in support. Then the camera stayed with tom who was eventually taken out by their fullback.

It looked like snake gave up. Not giving an option for tom to kick infield or pass.

But...did anyone see if that was the case? Snake may have been taken out?

I also wonder if he's helping tom out with 'defensive reads for a fullback?' If tom is the heir apparent, hopefully snake is passing on some pearls of wisdom.
Snake went for the gas but there wasn't anything there, he got left behind. Unfortunately for Brett his engine is only running on half the cylinders and the clutch is shot. He can't be fully fit at the moment.

Together with Eadie he has been our greatest fullback. Lets not diminish that memory.[/QUOTE]

He is diminishing his own legacy, by his own volition....sad

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4