Stewart likely to be shown the door by Sea Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
06. Jame Lyon
07. Kieran Foran
(with Hiku in the centres, then re-sign everyone).

If he holds the club over a barrel, see ya later. If there are threats, we have options - out you go.

Technical Coach said:
He is 25 now time to show he is worth a million not have the skillset that has a potential value of a million.

What i do like about Foran and DCE is that they are students of the game always looking to improve i agree with you in that respect--- it is one of the most important elements of being a great half, skillset or natural ability alone is never enough.

DCE does not strike me as a humble level headed talent though, well spoken and comes across as a nice bloke on tv/interviews but i see another side that is a little too self absorbed for my liking.

Well i have rocks in my head i guess lol---don't get me wrong DCE is one of the best halves in the comp but not the best and not worth a million.

You might have more exposure to him then I do, I can only judge by what I see on TV. I see solid improvement in him season by season, that could be because of his exposure to a higher level of intensity with his rep honours, or it could be because of time under Tooves and Joey. But I think he has still got a couple of gears to find yet and in 2-3 years he could be one of the best ever to wear the 7 for us.

Anyway all this talk of a Million $ per season is all media speculation, I wouldn't have thought that was an officially tabled offer from anyone just yet. All very well to wish for that, but commercial reality would suggest that it would be unsustainable for any club to pay that for one player.

torana355 said:
TC, DCE is worth whatever the top paying clubs will give him and that would be about a Million. I agree that he has ALOT of improvement before he reaches his full potential but what is our option?? Do we have another genuine Halfback in our ranks? If we let him go i guarantee we would regret it in a few years time when he is carving us up for another team.

Yes DCE's price tag is determined by what others are willing to pay does not mean his value to a team is in line with current market thinking.

DCE will carve up teams while playing for teams full of rep players but many halves can work off the back of such quality also and be dominant.

I'm not here to bash the bloke as he has quality in his game but sometimes a players potential becomes the present reality in way too many minds, or his impact in a game is over exaggerated.

Take today for example DCE did nothing special and gets Channel 9's man of the match, reminds me of Sterling getting man of the match on the basis of his reputation alone.

Sometimes not overplaying your hand and just directing forwards around is worthy of Man of the Match so it is not always about doing something special but seriously today come on.

Chip and Chase said:
Technical Coach said:
He is 25 now time to show he is worth a million not have the skillset that has a potential value of a million.

What i do like about Foran and DCE is that they are students of the game always looking to improve i agree with you in that respect--- it is one of the most important elements of being a great half, skillset or natural ability alone is never enough.

DCE does not strike me as a humble level headed talent though, well spoken and comes across as a nice bloke on tv/interviews but i see another side that is a little too self absorbed for my liking.

Well i have rocks in my head i guess lol---don't get me wrong DCE is one of the best halves in the comp but not the best and not worth a million.

You might have more exposure to him then I do, I can only judge by what I see on TV. I see solid improvement in him season by season, that could be because of his exposure to a higher level of intensity with his rep honours, or it could be because of time under Tooves and Joey. But I think he has still got a couple of gears to find yet and in 2-3 years he could be one of the best ever to wear the 7 for us.

Anyway all this talk of a Million $ per season is all media speculation, I wouldn't have thought that was an officially tabled offer from anyone just yet. All very well to wish for that, but commercial reality would suggest that it would be unsustainable for any club to pay that for one player.

I totally agree it is all media hype about the figures i'm just replying to peoples comments and opinions about the rumours.

Forans game has improved more with Joeys influence but both have improved no doubt about that. I'm sure DCE has more gears but he still does not play straight enough or play square, does not straighten up and take on the line as much as he should.

At the moment he is being pigeon holed on the right off the back of a second man play and playing too sideways.(which has always been a problem) If anything Foran is playing more central which i like but part of that might be due to taking the load of DCE-- DCE looks like he is being hampered by a knee injury more than is being let on.

Technical Coach said:
Take today for example DCE did nothing special and gets Channel 9's man of the match, reminds me of Sterling getting man of the match on the basis of his reputation alone.

He's got a long way to go before he reaches W Lewis status in Origin. Wally the Golly just had to turn up and Big Dazza would be pulling himself stupid.

The Broncos could work around the cap by making sure Channel 9 Qld every Friday night chooses DCE as Man of the Match but i'm sure DCE is a nice enough bloke to split the cheque with the entire team.

Hi 5ed him on his victory lap, seems to be in good spirits. But did anyone meet him at leagues club presentation?

eelcatcher said:
Hi 5ed him on his victory lap, seems to be in good spirits. But did anyone meet him at leagues club presentation?

I didn't speak to him but observed him and he seemed fine - Daly being his normal friendly self.

To get back on topic, I noticed Glenn came around the fence today and was friendly and hi-5'd us, which he doesn't generally do. Just an observation...

Toddy will ensure players that threaten to go to rah rah will get more of the NRL cash but nothing to help clubs build club culture and loyalty.

NRL set to increase marquee salary cap to ward off threat of cashed-up French clubs

Chris Garry
The Courier-Mail
April 15, 2014 12:00AM

MONEY is no longer an excuse for rugby league mercenaries, with NRL stars to become richer than any union players on the planet.

NRL head of football Todd Greenberg said he was unconcerned that cashed-up French rugby officials were chasing league stars harder than ever before, adamant the code’s salary cap review would prevent an exodus.

France’s Top 14 competition has been boosted by the wealthiest broadcast deal in European rugby history and professional athletes in France enjoy favourable tax breaks.

Souths superstar Greg Inglis, Parramatta cult-hero Semi Radradra and Kangaroos stand out Jarryd Hayne are on the French hit list.

However, Greenberg is adamant increased salary cap payments and concessions will keep stars in the NRL.

A marquee player payment system will be officially recommended to the code in June and is capable of warding off French rugby raiders.

The NRL’s current marquee allowance is just $600,000 for a club’s entire roster.

That is expected to increase significantly for next season, while a centrally contracted player payment system will also be considered.

Greenberg said NRL player payment levels had surged in the past two years and the salary cap review, headed by Jim Doyle, would further strengthen the code’s playing pool.

Greenberg did acknowledge that European rugby had the cash to chase NRL stars again, following raids six years ago that netted Sonny Bill Williams and Karmichael Hunt.

“They do but player payments over the last two years under our broadcast deal have increased significantly,” Greenberg said.

“Players are being paid what they should be paid.

“Players are being very well looked after, their remuneration has never been better.

“There is a full salary cap review. Jim Doyle is heading that up and I understand they will wrap that up around June and marquee player agreements will sit inside those recommendations.

“I’m very confident we have the system right in this country.

“The salary cap is at a very good level. They are playing in the best competition in the world.

“If we lose some players because they want to go play French rugby under a rich broadcast deal ... we can’t get into bidding wars.”

Wallabies superstar Israel Folau was lost to league at the start of last season due to protracted salary cap negotiations.

While Sam Burgess is switching to England rugby next season, he is doing s for competitive reasons as he eyes a Rugby World Cup berth.

It is understood NRL clubs could have matched England rugby’s offer to Burgess but the burly forward was determined to switch codes.

The current NRL salary cap is $5.5 million for a club’s top 25 list.

That will increase to more than $7 million in the next two years.

While the Top 14 broadcast deal is France’s richest, it pales in comparison to the NRL’s $1 billion five-year deal.

The Top 14’s new deal with television network Canal-Plus starts at €70 million ($104 million) per year, up from €32 million for the deal just about to expire.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/nrl-set-to-increase-marquee-salary-cap-to-ward-off-threat-of-cashedup-french-clubs/story-e6freuy9-1226884145133

After a one day hiatus from the story it's good to see both the Telecrap and the Herald have coverage today on the saga. There's nothing new in either report, just a rehash... sort of like an episode of Bold and the Beautiful.

The tall poppy syndrome.

Manly are and have been a professionally run club for many years. We simply need to cite Matthew Ridge's comments when he went to the Warriors. He (paraphrasing) said as Manly was the only club he played before the Warriors he thought that all clubs were run the same. He had since learnt that that was not the case when he went to the warriors. He commented upon the professionalism of the Manly club. (I know that was in the 90's but it may still hold true today.)

So as Manly has been professionally run even through the war and survived we can only suggest that other clubs hate us for being so well run and are trying to dismantle our great club in any way possible.

It's a real pity that commentators (who have said it publicly) they don't care what happens to Manly.

As the NRL is made up of those club members it is blatantly apparent that Manly will not survive if these 'white ants' have their way.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4