Stewart and Matai status

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I can't see anything much about this on the forums or in the papers.
Are they both un-officially medically retired, but the club is paying them to the end of their contracts?

Is there something else going on here eg to do with relations with the new coach or the club in general? The papers say they never commenced training for this year, but was this due to their injuries or to a decision they weren't going to be part of the squad?

It is a weird kind of non-end for the careers of such awesome Manly greats and I'd like to know what is going on with it. Manly did a great job of respecting Jamie Lyon's contributions and it would be nice to think some kind of resolution of this non-end could come about so these one club stalwarts could be honoured for breaking their bodies for the cause. Though if the club is paying them the top dollars at the end of their contracts for no benefit I imagine the whole situation is pretty sour, so I'm not holding my breath

Anyone with any 'gen' as my dad used to say? 'Duff gen' (= horse manure) you can keep to yourself...

I can't see anything much about this on the forums or in the papers.
Are they both un-officially medically retired, but the club is paying them to the end of their contracts?

Is there something else going on here eg to do with relations with the new coach or the club in general? The papers say they never commenced training for this year, but was this due to their injuries or to a decision they weren't going to be part of the squad?

It is a weird kind of non-end for the careers of such awesome Manly greats and I'd like to know what is going on with it. Manly did a great job of respecting Jamie Lyon's contributions and it would be nice to think some kind of resolution of this non-end could come about so these one club stalwarts could be honoured for breaking their bodies for the cause. Though if the club is paying them the top dollars at the end of their contracts for no benefit I imagine the whole situation is pretty sour, so I'm not holding my breath

Anyone with any 'gen' as my dad used to say? 'Duff gen' (= horse manure) you can keep to yourself...

I could be wrong but I think the horses have bolted!

This may be Duff gen, but I was told last week from a bloke that actually went to the footy function in Brizzo, that Brett was told he was not needed. Apparently he wanted to play on. He also said fat gutz and Brett had a blow-up and are on non speaking terms.

I've said this in a few threads now. Here's the order of events:

Glenn Stewart doesn't get a contract and leaves for Souths.

The remaining players from the 2005-11 squad are all, for the most part, good mates. DCE one of the few exceptions to that. They get pissed off, primarily at DCE, for commanding so much money that Gifty couldn't get a decent deal thrown his way.

Certain players start having really crap/quiet games more often than not. And certain players played especially badly in matches that later turned out to be the subject of match fixing investigations.

Certain players are also revealed to have associations with Eddie Hayson.

The club begins cleaning house and certain players are no longer training with the squad.

Join the dots.

Obviously not capable of playing for medical reasons, all of which were pre-existing. They will be trotted out at the end of the year for retirement recognition.

It's piss poor what's going on with these two

Who really knows tho

The club has communicated nothing to the fans or paying members about them

Pathetic
We are but mere mushrooms when it comes to serious communication from the club. This has dragged on so much and we are 2 players short on our roster as a result. It cant be that hard. If they are no longer able to play, and medical evidence supports that, they should be allowed to retire without penalty, as Whatmough did at the whinging worms and Shillington did at the Gold Coke.

Overheard a conversation in a cafe on manly corso sunday between bozo and super coach trent neither will be back or given a send off.
Disappointing this is not how we reward loyalty and service at anz
We will remember them
lest we forget
128282891.jpg

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10