Steven Bell

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Peters was on 2ky yesterday and also said that Bell wasnt in consideration for captain

and this article I found

New Manly signing Steve Bell has hosed down reports he is a leading contender to skipper the NRL club this season, claiming there are more worthy captaincy candidates within the Sea Eagles camp.

The former Melbourne three-quarter has been mooted as a potential skipper for his initial season in the maroon and white, along with 2005 captain Michael Monaghan, veteran forward Ben Kennedy and fellow newcomer Matt Orford.

Orford has already stated his desire not to be considered for the role in a bid to let him settle in at the club, a course Bell is also keen on taking.

"It's something I'd definitely love (to do) but there are other guys here who could do it too," Bell said on Thursday.

"I'm still just trying to fit in and trying to lead by example.

"I don't know where they (the media) got that one from."

While captaincy may not be on Bell's agenda for 2006, State of Origin football is. The 29-year-old has been on the cusp of a Queensland call-up for several seasons now, and Bell believes it is about time he is given a chance at the higher level.

"You kind of get sick of just being talked about as a chance of playing," Bell said.

"You challenge yourself where you think you can play at that level and to get the opportunity would be great.

"I think I could handle it, but until you actually get in there in an actual game and get a taste of it, you don't really know."

The speedy centre is at least assured of a spot in the Sea Eagles backline, but mystery still surrounds the identity of his centre partner.

Steve Mattai and Paul Stephenson are leading contenders to fill the berth when the Sea Eagles kick off their 2006 campaign against Canberra at Brookvale Oval on March 11.

Byso, Byso, Byso....oh how you ridiculed me when I made this suggestion as my favoured Choice of Captain. I actually reckon he'd lift, and lead by example too !!!

And I still will, as you can see there was never any hope of it happening............Honestly ;)

"Peters was on 2ky yesterday and also said that Bell wasnt in consideration for captain"

I am pretty sure that Ox put King up as a candidate for the captaincy about 2 weeks ago in the Manly Daily. Byso would say "as if... please!" :)

i was quite open to the suggestion of Bell as C.

As of today, Im happy to put Monas back as prime choice because of his positive attitude in targeting the hooker role and coming out in public with a positive statement.

Monas being positively focused in whatever jumper he is given is a load of trouble out of the way of this team in 06. Onya Monas !

And I still will, as you can see there was never any hope of it happening............Honestly ;)

\"Peters was on 2ky yesterday and also said that Bell wasnt in consideration for captain\"

Peter Peters (if he is media MSE) also stated in 2004, that we would be getting a blue chip back in 05 etc etc...

Player discussions were cut down to Des, Crusher, and Cummings... for a reason.

See what I am saying here Byso.

Until it actually happens, you can NEVER rely on media speculation, OR suggestions from Zorba on what might be happenning around the club as we may perceive something different to the way Zorba means it .

Orford did somewhere im sure MB

So far the following have been nominated in the media at some stage

Monas, Orford, King, Watmough, Menzies, Bell, BK

Certainly beats struggling to think of a second person worthy as per 2 seasons ago

King?????

captain....that would be a dark day at manly

[quote author=byso]

\"Peters was on 2ky yesterday and also said that Bell wasnt in consideration for captain\"

Peter Peters (if he is media MSE) also stated in 2004, that we would be getting a blue chip back in 05 etc etc...

Player discussions were cut down to Des, Crusher, and Cummings... for a reason.

See what I am saying here Byso.

Until it actually happens, you can NEVER rely on media speculation, OR suggestions from Zorba on what might be happenning around the club as we may perceive something different to the way Zorba means it .
[/quote]

LoL...so you're suggesting the media manager knows nothing about the team..............Really?

King?????

captain....that would be a dark day at manly

I definatly dont agree with that - needs to concerntrate on getting his own game right first for starters but his name has been mentioned.

odds on monnas to retain the top job, ive bagged him, mainly for his back end of 2005 and the whole monasgate situation, it sounds like, finally, he has got it together and realised he is in a team, my tip for 06 captain is monas, eagles to make the top 5 and Mark bryant to gain city /country selection. (im assuming it would be for country) big year form boxhead bryant!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4