Steve Simpson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mellonhead

Reserve Grader
Just on Newcastle news (Mike Rabbitt) did interview with Steve Simpson. He is meeting with his manager on Saturday to discuss where he play next year, although he is still signed with Newcastle for next year, he had an out clause and although he preferred to stay where he started his football, he has been unable to come to terms with Newcastle and now looking elsewhere.

Has a gummy groin injury that s cronic. they makes him miss game time... should we make an offer?

Chronic groin injury would dictate a full medical report and with that particular injury its hard to present an accurate assessment for possible ongoing complaints.

Caveat Emptor

BK was injured every five minutes at newcastle so maybe it has something to do with the medical facilities at the knights. BK has stated several times that the Manly facilities have gone a long way to improving his injury recovery time

BK was injured every five minutes at newcastle so maybe it has something to do with the medical facilities at the knights. BK has stated several times that the Manly facilities have gone a long way to improving his injury recovery time

Good point.

How do you assess a groin injury?

Remember how roberts ripped his groin muscle clean off the bone in the 1989 final? Didn't seem to harm his career with us.

Simpson is an excellent player that plays with aggression. A backrow of Watmough, Menzies & Simpson would rarely get dominated.

Regardless of what happens, I suggest we aint going to get many more metres out of our props, so a massive metre muncher is imperative.

Simpsom played well in the SOO. Don't know much of his history though.

I guess a younger fitter Myles would be better.

Myles better business decision long term, purely basd on age, Beaver isnt geting any younger

Speaking of Menzies a radio report this morning said that he was to be having an x-ray today on a possible broken hand.

If BK doesn't play on surely we could afford both. Lyon would take up BK's money in the old cap and then we have the 700K the cap has been raised to deal with.

So that would leave $450k per annum, and 2 blue chip players.

That said, I would re-sign Watmough now for 3-4 years on a decent contract.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4