Steve Matai

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Wheel - Ryan might be onto something suggesting Cuthbo as a winger next year.

There is nothing wrong with having a large fast winger. Something in the mould of a young Hoppa and terry fahey would be good. Or even a George Amrum or Mark harris.

Steppa played well last year on the wing and gave us some badly need size in the backline.

Tookey - you stop sniffing petrol for afternoon tea. John Ribot & Dean Carney are two notable forwards that went & played on the wing, your opinion of those?

I think Tookey is agreeing with you Wheel. Mind you if Cuthbo plays on the wing next year there will be little blue spaceships on Brookvale Oval and Mark Riddell will grow pink wings and join the Air Force!

Tookey - you stop sniffing petrol for afternoon tea. John Ribot & Dean Carney are two notable forwards that went & played on the wing, your opinion of those?

Wheel - are you rating Cuthberton in the same league as Ribot and Carney? He has more talent than those 2 girls ever showed on a football field and I have no doubt (and neither does Ryan) that cuthbertson could handle wing if required. Better than duck I say.

Cuhbertson's position is definately in the forwards but he does have good pace for a big bloke.

If Manly are short of a winger next year I am sure Doug Rollerson would lace up the boots for one final year? Or maybe Alan Shepperd or Simon Brockwell?

Tookey you are leaving another notable foward cum winger off the list - former Bear Mick Healy. Another player of rare quality.

Wheel - I had forgotten about Mick healy. Your memory is fantastic to remember something like that from the eighties. Obviously you were really a bears supporter in disguise all these years. Did you get the info from looking through your bears history book or was it from looking at your collection of bears golden years DVD's? You were probably up all night watching them again (and again).

It is even more amazing that you can remember things so long ago knowing him much alcohol you have had in the past 20 years. You have just proven that alcohol in large quantities doesn't dull your long term memory - just short term like what happened today and yesterday or 5 minutes ago.

Tookey - I want to make this very clear - I was NEVER a Bears supporter.

The only thing I know about the Bears is that the supporters club used to hold their meetings in the phone box outside Percys and the Leagues Club kitchen was full of wooden spoons provided by the football team.

I heard that Norths contribution to the Northern eagles was to provide the wooden spoons?

Rumour has it that they are still believed to be somewhere in the Manly Leagues club and you won't win a premiership until every last spoon is taken out of the club as the bear park curse will still linger - hence perfomances like those against the sharks. panthers and souths in recent years.

I think bobby the bear knows where they are. If you can get rid of him and the spoons then the curse will be lifted.

The only thing I know about the Bears is that the supporters club used to hold their meetings in the phone box outside Percys and the Leagues Club kitchen was full of wooden spoons provided by the football team.
The club motorbike was available to take supporters to games. A sidecar could be provided when necessary!! :blaugh: :blaugh: :blaugh:

my mate was bears fanatic, he spray painted his dirty old poo brown Corona red and glued a bear figure to the front (like a Mercedes symbol) had the seat covers and stickers etc all over it. what a loser :lol: :lol:

although I really miss the bears, I used to love giving him crap after every victory then have him whinge and then try and hurt me!!!!

Wheel asked to borrow my Bears DVD's Tookey - don't believe a word of what he says. It was nice to follow a club that doesn't alienate you like manly does.

:blaugh: :blaugh:

although I do feel sorry for Ryan, he has never experienced the joy of winning a Grand Final, actually no I dont :D I like the fact no Bears supporter has ever experienced that joy. just like the Sharkies.

Ryan - I heard that wheel not only borrowed your Norths DVd's but he actually copied them as well so he could watch the greats of the eighties over and over again.

healy, brockwell, boatswain, mayoh, le-broque, henniker.

The bears didn't win many games but when they did they overachieved.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4