Steve Matai hit

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I remember this tackle plain as day,Matai dragged Finch into touch and yeeted him into the advertising

Can anyone remember when or perhaps have a link to footage?

I remember this tackle plain as day,Matai dragged Finch into touch and yeeted him into the advertising

Can anyone remember when or perhaps have a link to footage?
This is the best I can do feathered friend

Matai the complete grand final winning centre dominant in both attack and defence

Matai did not just run lines . Matai broke lines in attack and also broke players spines and spirits in defence .

The Benchmark of Manly backs

His Offence was just as Immense

As dominant that he was with his shoulders he was equally destructive on his feet

Great step , swerve and change of speed as well as powerful bursts through tackles to get him over the line

Steve Matai the Manly high Standards of excellence

The moral of the story

Raise our glasses to Steve Matai

and Raise our Standards Manly back line

He was not a slow boat to china either . he was not a slow striding runner

He had a good burst of exceleration the video clips show that
Obviously he became one of Manly's best ever centres.
But he was not a speedster!
In fact I'm hard pressed to think of any game in which he ran a long distance to score.
:)

Obviously he became one of Manly's best ever centres.
But he was not a speedster!
In fact I'm hard pressed to think of any game in which he ran a long distance to score.
:)
I agree . Steve was the complete package and his quality will always stand out amongst our finest backs in the proud history of our legendary club

Steve was not a Saab but he was not a slow striding 1950s volkswagen either

Steve did have good acceleration speed of the mark and a quick change of pace
Nothing slow striding about Steve to me feathered friend

"People know that I choose to live my life the way I want to and I have no concerns about how other people think I should live my life or who I should be in contact with," Matai said.

"Yes I am a very private person - I don't have social media and it is factual that I am not a fan of the cameras and limelight.

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2F44508a86-0a29-493d-b4d5-98a95df7c634
Steve Matai during his playing days with Manly. (Getty)
"All I wanted to do was play footy. I gave everything I had when I crossed that white chalk - mind and body.

"My style of play is a testament to that 'run hard, tackle harder, never back down'… "Please respect my privacy and the way I want to live my life. I am living happily and enjoying life in our community with my beautiful wife and children.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2