Steve Clark.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DSM5

First Grader
I note that the ref for our game is Clark. Seems to me that this guy can't see a straight line when the attacking team is close to our line and so lets forward passes go, but more importantly is very nitpicky when it comes to perceived 'back chat' when giving a penalty against. Our noted penalty givers, Matai, Choc, Burns will have to be spoken to by Dessy in a very stern manner. Keep their mouths shut and their swinging arms by their sides. My only worry in this game is to be left with less men on the park than we start with.

We'll have to morally win by 30 for that duche to let us win by 6. He's a tool who lets his own anti-Manly setiments get in the way more than anyone since Harrigan.
I'm almost tempted to tip the Panfers given that this arse is in control.

Does anyone have or know where to get stats on refs & teams ?

Clark is a sh*te ref, but I honestly don't think there is much anti-Manly bias in him. He's just a crap ref.

The first 20 minutes are crucial. He likes to stamp himself on the game and will usually give 5+ penalties in the first 20 just to show everyone that 'he's the boss'. So if Manly are extra careful early on in the game that will hopefully negate that. Although he finds penalties for absolutely nothing early on in the game, so giving a couple away is inevitable I suppose.

With any luck though Matai will have a brain explosion and get a suspension paving the way for Ballin to come back into the team

With any luck though Matai will have a brain explosion and get a suspension paving the way for Ballin to come back into the team

you can't be serious Dan- Matai is no superstar but he adds something to the team which no one else can bring and deserves his spot. If you are going to start dropping people for having brain explosions you would have to look at dropping Burns as well and that would be just plain stupid!

Not at all. I have a great example from last Saturday night

2nd half -> 30m out from Melbourne line (so luckily not in bad field position)
Matai.....rushes out of the line to put on a shoulder charge, misses. Is lucky that the man inside him made the tackle.

He gets up and was swearing at himself, qquite visibly says "****" as he runs back into position.

I dont want big hits, I dont want him to try so many and miss even 1. He was lucky that time and if he keeps doing it we are going to start losing games.

Bellemy would have seen that, and mark my words when we meet them again, he is going to say "step inside him"

He may do some big hits, but man does he make some glaring errors that others in the team have to make up for.

I dont mind the occasional brain explosion but massive defensive lapses from your centre are not on in todays game!

Yeah he does rush up and I'm sure the coaching staff are working on it but in my opinion he adds enough value to justify his place in the team. He also does plenty of good things which I think is being forgotten. I don't think we should underestimate how much value is in a huge hit eg. the Parra game- I really think his efforts in that game helped turn the tide our way. (as well as his ability to take pressure off our forwards)

Do you think he deserves his spot over ballin?

I dont I think Lyon should be in the centres with ballin and monas sharing hooker and Burns in 5/8

that is a stronger team.

I think we are stronger for having Lyon in the centre, he is head and shoulders over Matai and his mistakes will cost us games

I think Ballin and Matai play two completely different roles so it's not a matter of choosing one over the other- just the right person in the right position- if that means Matai is on the bench so be it- I just think he deserves his spot in the 17.
IMO Ballin should be hooker now.

But it IS a choice between the two.

With matia in the team it forces Lyon to 5/8 and therefore forces monas and Burns to Hooker, forcing Ballin out of the team.

Therefore it IS a choice between the two players, Matais inclusion directly effects Ballin

Not its not Dan. Matai hasnt forced Lyon into the 5/8 position.

He was there at the start of the season before Matai was injured. Ballin wasnt even on the scene.

If you are looking at anyone keeping Ballin out of the side, its Monaghan, not Matai.

I can also tell you, that if Matai or Bell get injured, the club will bring Nuemman into centre and Lyon will stay at 5/8. Thats directly from the club to, not my opinion.

But it IS a choice between the two.

With matia in the team it forces Lyon to 5/8 and therefore forces monas and Burns to Hooker, forcing Ballin out of the team.

Therefore it IS a choice between the two players, Matais inclusion directly effects Ballin

I disagree but my next post was just going over the same stuff Doug did above so I'll leave it at that.

The club definitely wants Killer at 5/8.

On Matai, how about losing the ball with his first tackle run and only a minute left to play against the Storm. The only thing on any footballer's mind should of been just how hard can I hold the ball to my chest so that under no circumstances do I drop it. That was a crime deserving of PL.

I havent seen Matai cost us any games yet, and his 'terrible' defence doesnt seem to have cost us too much, 24 points in 2 games he has played, the majority through kicks

The thing that amazes me is that last season Burns and Matai were almost identical players in the bad areas of their games, both have fixed them up, yet Burns is a saint and Matai is a disgrace. Is strange

I think Ballin is a very good player, but not quite yet the god portrayed on here based on half a dozen games of 1st grade. Would like him on the bench, but dont see a place for him in the starting side at the moment, that will be available next season.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4