Steve Bell 3 year deal with Manly!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just a little side note, all media outlets have said that Bell is waiting to see what Orford is doing before deciding his future.

http://www.sportsnews.com.au/news.php?extend.2223
Channel 10 and Channel 9 have reported that Melbourne centre Steven Bell has alerted the Storm he has agreed to terms with Manly for 2006.

The classy 29-year-old was being vigorously pursued by South Sydney, and many believe this announcement will follow a decision by Storm halfback and Bell's friend Matt Orford to similarly snub Melbourne and South Sydney to announce Manly as his club of choice for the next three seasons.

The news of Bell's capture is yet to be confirmed by either club, but should it be true, it represents a large blow to South Sydney and boosts Manly's backline to a great extent, considering 34-year-old centre Terry Hill is almost certainly retiring after providing band-aid support in 2005.

The deal is believed to be a three-year agreement.

Candy, I've used that on the front page news section and given you credit for it.

Hope that's okay.

I had to fix a couple of typos though. ;)

HA HA mata you need a badge with all your spelling police work.

Freeze... now put the pen down... real slow, thats it. Hands behind your back. Cuff him boys. ;)

Flip, Candy was all over Zorba's rubbish like a rash so I just had to point it out.

All in jest of course!

Agreed mate.

Its kind of sad. Someone down at SMH right now is probably tossing up over wether to use Zorbas.. or Candys from an Un official web site.

GOLD :lol:

http://www.sportsnews.com.au/news.php?extend.2223

The Manly Warringah Sea Eagles have confirmed reports that Melbourne centre Steven Bell has agreed to terms with the club until the end of 2008.

The classy 29-year-old was being vigorously pursued by South Sydney, and many believe this announcement will follow a decision by Storm halfback and Bell's friend Matt Orford to similarly snub Melbourne and South Sydney and announce Manly as his club of choice for the next three seasons.

Manly chief executive Pat Wilson was delighted with what he called a "significant signing".

"He is a significant signing for us and is a class centre who coach Des Hasler and his coaching staff regard highly," he said.

"Steven Bell was a major target for us and we are delighted he has agreed to terms."

http://www.manlyseaeagles.com.au/Default.asp

STEVE BELL AGREES TO 3YEAR DEAL WITH SEA EAGLES - OFFICIAL

Brilliant Melbourne Storm centre Steven Bell today agreed to a three year deal with the Manly Sea Eagles.

Bell told Storm coach Craig Bellamy and team mates of his decision to join Manly at training this afternoon.

A brilliant attacking centre and strong defender,Bell is considered one of the best and most consistent three quarters in the premiership.

Manly CEO Patrick Wilson said Bell was a priority signing for the Sea Eagles.

"Coach Des Hasler and his coaching staff rate Bell highly and we are delighted he can see his future with the Sea Eagles.

"He was keenly sought after by several clubs and we are delighted he

has chosen to beciome a Sea Eagle,"Mr.Wilson said.

Bell is 25 and learnt his football in the Queensland country town of Emerald.

He played with the Storm's feeder club Norths in Brisbane before become a regular and prolific try scorer for the Storm.

Bell will move to the Peninsula in October and prepare for summer training at Manly commencing in November.

Manly remain in the market for Bell's Melbourne team mate and close friend Matt Orford.

I think Bell and Alberts will be a very successful centre pairing. We will finally have some strike out wide.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4