Sterlo fires his first shot

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Sterlo used to be a Manly fan, and I don't think he's all that one eyed in his bias. I think he genuinely enjoys the game to the point where he is satisfied with seeing the best team win

Listening to Sterlo, it always seems as if he has a soft spot for Manly. Maybe I am reading him wrong though...

Gus is always fair towards Manly, although post game against Souths the look on his face was 'Not Manly again!'

I'm always worried when either Wally, or Graham Hughes tips Manly.

They would be the worst judges of our great game, deadest put the mocker on us.

I think that while Sterlo may have been a Manly fan when he was a kid, he looks at some of the players in our team (Jorge, Wolfman and Horo) and is a bit envious about what they are doing in the maroon & white and that they aren't doing it at Parramatta.

I remember him saying (with a laugh) when Beaver scored his try in the 2008 GF that "Parramatta tried to sign him early in his career but he stayed where he was.....what a shame" or words to that effect.

In all honesty though, while no doubt he would prefer it to be Parramatta winning, I think Sterlo genuinely just loves a good game of rugby league no matter who is playing.

When i hear him commentate I get the impression that at times he is very cautious not to let on too much that he dislikes manly.

If manly do something that is up for interpretation, he will say something that is medium-against manly....wait for an opinion from his fellow commentators...then if they are pro-manly he will back peddle, soften his stance and/or sit on the fence with it.

It's these little things that give away big clues. I've always noticed this about him. Even before I came on silvertails and everyone pointed out his bias against manly

He took Jamie's signing with Manly quite hard. Not sure if he's over it just yet which probably explains his comments.

Other than that I was happier listening to him rather than the other yobs on the footy show.

globaleagle said:
I was happier listening to him rather than the other yobs on the footy show.

Yes mate, his bias aside he was always more interesting and analytical than the others on the footy show. Thats one show i dont miss now being away from Oz ;)

How awkward was Sterlo interviewing Lyon when he accepted the Dally M centre of the year award? Didn't help that he made a crack about signing up Lyon's son to Parra.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6