Stephenson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

clontaago

First Grader
Just a quick note to say that Steppa deserves a huge rap for signing with the Eagles for another 2 years.

He was offered more money from the Dogs than he was from us but he stated from the beginning that he wanted to stay at Manly and was willing to do so for less.

Not once did he say he would go to England or shop himself around like a whore like some others have.

Well done Steppa, you have handled this situation exceptionally well for someone as young and inexperienced as you are.

I agree and to be honest these chaps are putting there bodies on the line. So never surprised if they leave for more money.

A friend I have inside the club related to me how disappointed he was when he was dropped to PL. He later said that instead of feeling sorry for himself he committed himself to working at his game and winning a recall.

Well done to him for that - shows he has his head in the right place and has commitment and determination. He is only young and willingness to learn and develop his game should serve him well.

Might I also add that he is a top winger. I feel 110% more confident having him on the wing than Donald. Theres still room for more improvement too which is great. I think he will hold down a permanent spot in 1st's next season.

From what he has done on the wing this year - this is very good news indead. If he can keep improving he could be a great clubman. With any luck the club will repay his loyalty in 2 years with a suitable offer for his abilities and experience.

Well Done Steppa look forward to seeing you continue to improve on the wing

He will get speed training in the off season no doubt. With his size, he could potentially be VERY damaging. I always hated having tiny wingers on BOTH sides. Now all he needs is a bit of aggression ALA that short guy for The Dogs.

Just a quick note to say that Steppa deserves a huge rap for signing with the Eagles for another 2 years.

He was offered more money from the Dogs than he was from us but he stated from the beginning that he wanted to stay at Manly and was willing to do so for less.

Not once did he say he would go to England or shop himself around like a whore like some others have.

Well done Steppa, you have handled this situation exceptionally well for someone as young and inexperienced as you are.
agreed clon,more than i can say for some.

I must say that speed training is generally over-rated. You are either quick or you are not. You can add half a second or two over time with a whole lot of things, though sometimes at the expense of strength and endurance. Not saying speed training isn't important but generally a quick player is a quick and a slow player is slow.

I am rapt that Paul has resigned with the Mighty Eagles.It is good to see that some player's do not put money ahead of playing where you want to.He has been fantastic on the wing since his return from exile.I agree he makes you feel 150% easier on the wing than the Duck.Maybe Donald should take up 10 pin bowling after watching him on Boot's & All.I hope Hicks get's over his ankle injury and play on sunday,and we dont have Donald in the side ever again.

Steppa isnt overly slow, just a bit slow off the mark. Sprint training will hopefully help that.

As much as this pains me to say this (well - it doesn't really pain me) - Scott Donald this year has been atroucious. When I see his name in the side, my thoughts automatically go to seeing him fumbling high kicks. running sidewards, being steam rolled in defence, pathetic dummy 1/2 runs....I honestly wouldn't mind never seeing him in a maroon & white jersey again.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4