Stephenson Never to Play NRL again

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Stevie

Reserve Grader
Im Now convinced hes the worst centre in the NRL , should be marked never to play NRL again Give him a Job at Lowes

Ditto. We need a Jamie Lyon desperately. Even when we have been winning I don't think he has been much good. He has some skill but NRL is way above his level.

He plays well against crap teams

I don't think he plays well, he just isn't shown up to be as bad as he is. The bloke isn't up to 1st grade, and I doubt he would make any other teams starting line ups. I hate ripping into one player considering he has been part of a team that has won 5/7 but our wins have come on the back of our fowards and halves not from excellent work in the centers.

If Des cant see that Mattai has at least more commitment than Stephenson
hes watching the wrong team , I dont know how many times Stephenson watched players run past him he has no commitment , Brett Stewart was the same Tonight , he needs to play the ball more than the man

Berrigan has played for AUSTRALIA FFS - Hill missed toooooooooooo many as well.

no that we ever stood a chance

Problem is that I think Matai is only average at best. Tezza is on his last legs but will give 100%. Who else do we have in the centres. Ashley Alberts may be an eventual answer but until he gets on the paddock and does something we are in trouble. (I have been saying this for weeks!)

I do have a solution - Put Jye Mullane in the centres and make him promise never to kick a ball!!!

Berrigan has played for AUSTRALIA FFS - Hill missed toooooooooooo many as well.

no that we ever stood a chance

Hill just came back after 6 weeks off. This conclusion of Stephenson hasn't just come from tonights game. I didn't rate him last year and i don't this year. He has plenty of size and decent speed. Send him back to premier league and hopefully he can build on that, and if not then I'm sure he'll go well in the Jim Beam Cup or the Qld cup

I do have a solution - Put Jye Mullane in the centres and make him promise never to kick a ball!!!

Depending on how he plays this weekend, it's a distinct possibility :shock:

Mcatt - Steppa was targetted and a lot of the time the tries were score by the man on his inside - monas (2) - get an idea on the pressure he has

Mcatt - Steppa was targetted and a lot of the time the tries were score by the man on his inside - monas (2) - get an idea on the pressure he has

Yeah he has been seen as a massive weakness, he is going to be targeted every week and he will be under pressure every week. If he wants to stay in 1st grade then he'll have to step up to this pressure soon. He may have gone alright against a very weak souths side but everytime he comes up a good team like tonight he will be caught out. I would love for him to come good and prove me and his other doubters wrong, but he hasn't done anything since making 1st grade that has made me sit up and think, here is a potential star, or even potential quality 1st grader. Dummy half running and a couple of dummy half trys can only get a center so far.

Stepho's career is now going to depend on how he responds to his defensive deficiencies. Good players are able to work on things and so hopefully someone will take him under their wing and assist him.

Defence is a lot about attitude and his confidence is quite likely shattered. It is also about technique, team work and commitment. Hopefully he will show what he is made of.

If he doesn't improve he won't stay in first grade!!!

Six - I'm shocked my friend! Look at it this way. Steppa only played to the same level as the rest of the team (one or two players exempt). He did alright in the scheme of things. It's like you said though mate, we have nothing better. Put it this way...add Matai to tonights game. Would we have won?
Add say Matt King....then...hmmmm.....
Steppa & Hills pace were targetted tonight close to the line, and with Lockyers long passing game, we were exploited.
That said, I personally thought it was
1. Heckenberg
2. King
3. Kite
fault we lost tomight. They looked intimidated & lethargic.

I think he just need to set his limits, in attack he has decent ball control and great dummy half metres....he also has the ablity to go over top on outside men with ball in hand. I belive he should come off the bench for a few weeks but not be dropped, A long hard week with defensive coaches is need to improve his tackling smarts, he ain't the man to be going around the shoulers of civonzaceva or a charging webb, he is small enoguh to be hitting the ankles and leaving it to the big boys, but I think is a bit timid....time will tell. Especially on the line he still seems to granb the shoulder rather then the waist of knees, get some courage steppa, hope your still here next week, but on the bench, show he is willing and able like he has improved where he was lacking in attack and offloads the last to weeks he needs to do the same in our own twenty.

I put this sort of topic on ME and expect to get flogged.

He looks out of his depth at times. He dropped the ball cold early,if he had taken it Donald may have been in. On the try Hodges scored from the scrum he just looked at Hodges carry Stewart over the line instead of getting in there. Continues to tackle the big men high and get brushed off. I am also sick of his overplay of the dummy half run

I wouldn't right him off as an NRL player forever,but if Matai can play left centre I would like him there next week
<span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Sat Apr 30 2005, 09:27AM ]</span>

Everytime we lose its pick on Steppa.

This time he didnt play well against berrigan - well i blame the coach for putting him on the opposite side of the field.

Last time Torrens ran through him all night, again the coach for putting him on the wrong side of the field

Cant you people see - its near impossible to mark your man if your on one side and he is on the other.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2