Stephen Rodger Waugh

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mark was soft in the head.  Who would you rather have bat to save your life out of Mark or steve if a century was your ticket to freedom?

Steve of courses Matas, but if you wanted someone you could learn to play the strokes off (except cover drive) who would you pick?

Steve Waugh had all the shots, he just worked out which ones were more likely to get him out and eliminated those risks.

some shots I'd agree, they both had their areas.

and yeah very few could compare with that leg side shot you are talking about

Zep link said:
true but Mark played most shots better. Working off the hips etc etc
  Really?  Why did he keep getting out then?  His average is something like 10 runs less than his brother's, and he only really played one innings of real note where the game was on the line. 

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Zep link=topic=179093.msg206630#msg206630 date=1234316120]
true but Mark played most shots better. Working off the hips etc etc
  Really?  Why did he keep getting out then?  His average is something like 10 runs less than his brother's, and he only really played one innings of real note where the game was on the line. 
[/quote]That's a bit rich - as both were very very good cricketers. Mark Waugh won a test against the Poms and played many important innings apart from the test against the Saffies that I presume to which you are referring.

My brother played grade cricket for a long time and played against Bankstown. He said that he never ever saw anyone hit the ball harder than Steve. Steve adapted to play Test cricket but was a dasher and smasher in Grade cricket, not as pretty as Mark of course but very effective.

The Poms in the 90s were hardly a quality opposition.  Most grade sides would have beaten them. 

Steve Waugh hands down.

Agree with what's been said that Mark was a top batsman, great fielder and handy with the ball.

But still was all those things and more.... it's no coincidence Steve has been an Aussie captain.

An absolute Australian Sporting Hero. Would have him in my side anyday.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6