Stephen Kearney

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
In one of Hoppa jr's articles he said that being coached by Kearney was also a factor in signing for the eels. The bloke has won nothing. He's been assistant coach for all major achievements od and team he was involved in. Good luck Hoppa.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Incorrect, he is kiwis head coach for the World Cup and 4 nations wins

He is over rated though

Stand corrected but the assistant coach was Wayne Bennett.

For the world cup it was you are right and he obviously would have had some influence over it
I'm not convinced about Kearney completely as a coach tbh but haven't written him off. With a poor squad I thought he did reasonably well with the Eels this year,sounds stupid considering they were 15th, but 7 of the losses were within a try so could have been a touch higher up the ladder than they were with a bit of luck

This effort today from the kiwis is disgraceful though and really shows up a lack of defensive structure

Kiwi Eagle said:
And a typical shane comment ...

Just how many times do the kiwis have to get absolutely pumped before you kiwi chuck jockeys admit your national team is an absolute joke? Good halves, decent centres and 2 backs (locke,matai)

When will test rugby league benefit from these great juniors they have?

Hate watching it when australia has no real competition.....boring as ****

Even the pack is sub par...i wish the all blacks played league....

The Eagle said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
And a typical shane comment ...

Just how many times do the kiwis have to get absolutely pumped before you kiwi chuck jockeys admit your national team is an absolute joke? Good halves, decent centres and 2 backs (locke,matai)

When will test rugby league benefit from these great juniors they have?

Hate watching it when australia has no real competition.....boring as s**t

Even the pack is sub par...i wish the all blacks played league....

Tri Nations Champions 2005
Took the final to Golden Point in 06
Current World Cup Champions (2008)
Current 4 Nations Champions (2010)

Try again Shane

You cant argue with that^^ The kiwis at full strength are an excellent side. Only gonna get better too.

love it when Kiwis fans all talk about all their juniors coming through, 110kg, 6ft 5, run 100mt in 11 seconds and you find out they're talking about their women. :D

Kiwi Eagle said:
For the world cup it was you are right and he obviously would have had some influence over it
I'm not convinced about Kearney completely as a coach tbh but haven't written him off. With a poor squad I thought he did reasonably well with the Eels this year,sounds stupid considering they were 15th, but 7 of the losses were within a try so could have been a touch higher up the ladder than they were with a bit of luck

This effort today from the kiwis is disgraceful though and really shows up a lack of defensive structure

Yeah but the eels were one of the early favorites this year. Iknow they had injuries but they didn't even make the 8. Losing at the death of a lot of games this year was lack of discipline imo.

Lol, thats because Sheens run sides are that over confident they lose when the real big games hit (see last 2 finals series)

Oh im sorry do I sound like I want australia to win? I want more losses....so wins actually have some meaning, australia needs to lose more, its not manly out there and its utterly boring viewing....

Sheens was only around for 1 of those lol

Those results show that Australia is no longer a walk up win

The top 20-25 players is pretty evenly matched, the difference between the 2 countries is depth and when the kiwis need to dip lower than that number of players
The Eagle said:
Lol, thats because Sheens run sides are that over confident they lose when the real big games hit (see last 2 finals series)

Oh im sorry do I sound like I want australia to win? I want more losses....so wins actually have some meaning, australia needs to lose more, its not manly out there and its utterly boring viewing....

Two things the match showed:
1. You get a better standard of football during daylight. It was action-packed.
2. You only need one referee. That English ref did a good job, and proved that our system of two-refs is wrong.

Kiwi Eagle said:

Parramatta have the same defensive structure - non existent

The Who said:
2. You only need one referee. That English ref did a good job, and proved that our system of two-refs is wrong.

Can't argue with that.

The Who said:
Two ref. system is hopeless. More contentious decisions than ever since it was brought in. The NRL need to bite the bullet and admit it's been a failure. (Can't see that happening though).

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6