Statue of Wally Lewis painted blue

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Fluffy

Journey Man
Statue of Wally Lewis painted blue
June 14, 2006 - 6:54AM

A statue of Queensland rugby league great Wally Lewis has been painted blue ahead of the State of Origin clash.
The bronze statue, at Lang Park in Brisbane, was given a new look after vandals painted on dark blue shorts, a light blue jersey and socks to make the former Queensland State of Origin captain look like a NSW player.
The word "NSW" was also scrawled across a shield which the statue of Lewis hoists above his head.
The vandalism comes ahead of the State of Origin decider at Brisbane's Suncorp Stadium.
Queensland is already one down in the 2006 series after a 17-16 loss in the opening game in Sydney.
Police said no complaint about the vandalism had yet been made, and police would not investigate unless to do so by stadium management.
Bottled water has been used to wash down the statue, given tough Level Three water restrictions which came into effect across most of south-east Queensland on Tuesday.
Lewis, dubbed the Emperor of Lang Park, enjoyed a career which spanned three decades and is regarded by many as the greatest rugby league player of the modern era.
His statue was erected at the southern end of the stadium in 1992.

Thats one of the funniest things ive ever heard - shows the great rivalry between the two states

If DJ spook had anything to do with it, the back of Wally's pants wouldn't have been blue ;)

We thought about doing this a few years ago, but unfortunately you blokes never had anyone good enough to build a statue for :blaugh: When(if) you ever do you have now stolen our thunder, just like you stole all our good players pre 1980 :naughty: ;)

We thought about doing this a few years ago, but unfortunately you blokes never had anyone good enough to build a statue for :blaugh: When(if) you ever do you have now stolen our thunder, just like you stole all our good players pre 1980 :naughty: ;)
There has been a quite servicable statue of Laurie Daley in Canberra for a number of years Nodd, all you would have had to do is scrape off some pigeon **** and spray paint his nose maroon. Then again you would have needed a **** load of paint and a much better reason than this to visit Canberra in winter. ;)

At least we have a player worthy of a statue.

All you cockroach imbeciles are bloody silent today?

Geez waking up to a filthy cold NSW frost is a hell of a lot easier when the good guys have smashed them to hell and back.

Geez waking up to a filthy cold NSW frost is a hell of a lot easier when the good guys have smashed them to hell and back.
As they say, the door is THAT way! Beautiful one day, cyclones the next. Polish up your white shoes and start walking, the border gates are wide open. ;)

Would love to my friend, but I'm exiled down here making a difference for your savages.

If I was a selfish man I'd have been residing north of the Tweed a long time ago......

so.....and wait for it......

when are we going to build a huge statue of BEAVER outside brooky oval!

BOOM BOOM :dance:

my first and last, promise !

Maybe one day in the futrue there will be a statue of Karmicheal Hunt outside Suncorp next to Wally the Wanker

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4