• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
"Stats are like mini skirts, what they show is great, but what they hide is vital" - N.S Sidhu

That is 1 of my favourite sayings, and it can't be shown any better than today

We had a bloke on our side, who made 20 tackles, and took 3 runs for 25m. Pretty average game right ?

Not at all, that man was 1 of our best, Glenn Stewart. He had a big big game but it doesn't show up at all

"Stats are like mini skirts, what they show is great, but what they hide is vital" - N.S Sidhu

We had a bloke on our side, who made 20 tackles, and took 3 runs for 25m. Pretty average game right ?

Not at all, that man was 1 of our best, Glenn Stewart. He had a big big game but it doesn't show up at all

Kiwi Eagle said:

Why use stats to back T-rex every week then? :p

Kiwi Eagle said:

Why use stats to back T-rex every week then? :p

The Who said:
T-Rex's stats would have look impressive if he'd turned up for the second half.

Yes, he seemed to go quiet after the half time break. I don't know if it was because he got put on report for that supposed trip or not and didn't want to risk things any more by showing any aggression but who knows.

The Who said:
T-Rex's stats would have look impressive if he'd turned up for the second half.

Yes, he seemed to go quiet after the half time break. I don't know if it was because he got put on report for that supposed trip or not and didn't want to risk things any more by showing any aggression but who knows.

Kiwi Eagle said:

Glenn's stats also show - 0 errors, 5 all up runs, 1 offload, 3 tackle breaks, 2 line break assists, 1 try and only 1 missed tackle.

All the stats together reflect what we all know, he had a great game!

Kiwi Eagle said:

Glenn's stats also show - 0 errors, 5 all up runs, 1 offload, 3 tackle breaks, 2 line break assists, 1 try and only 1 missed tackle.

mozgrame said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

And that probably backs up my point more, if T Rex has a 5 run game, he would be called lazy etc

mozgrame said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

And that probably backs up my point more, if T Rex has a 5 run game, he would be called lazy etc

Kiwi Eagle said:
mozgrame said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

Actually it disproves your point. What it means is that you need to read and interpret ALL the stats before making judgment on a players performance. I think the point of your thread was to diminish the importance of stats, hence the title. At a glance, Glenn's stats don't look that impressive. Dig into the stats a little deeper and the true story comes to light.

Kiwi Eagle said:
mozgrame said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

Actually it disproves your point. What it means is that you need to read and interpret ALL the stats before making judgment on a players performance. I think the point of your thread was to diminish the importance of stats, hence the title. At a glance, Glenn's stats don't look that impressive. Dig into the stats a little deeper and the true story comes to light.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6